Thanksgiving

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Good morning everyone

Today here in the U.S. Is Thanksgiving. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for being part of this community. I can say that I consider each one of you friends. Hearing your stories has been very inspiring and gives others hope. That is awesome. Please have an awesome day. Now I have to get ready to start cooking :D

Adam

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree. I am thankful for all of you too. Happy cooking Adam!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Happy Thanksgiving my American friends!! Although I am thankful for all of you my hearing peers!!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah - beautiful custom to freeze for a moment our fast lives.

Happy Thanksgiving...

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't do anything very special with my turkey. Just the usual seasonings.

We ate at my brother in laws. Somebody else fried the turkeys. My responsibility was mashed potatoes. I had to make 10#.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't do anything very special with my turkey. Just the usual seasonings.

We ate at my brother in laws. Somebody else fried the turkeys. My responsibility was mashed potatoes. I had to make 10#.

Ugh - lots of MASHED potato which has to done at proper way. I bet it was tasteful :P

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, there was ALOT of peeling.

I use heavy whipping cream, lots of butter then season. I use a colander to push the potatoes through after cooking. This ensures nice and smooth with no lumps. Are they extremely high calorie? Yep, but who cares?

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, there was ALOT of peeling.

I use heavy whipping cream, lots of butter then season. I use a colander to push the potatoes through after cooking. This ensures nice and smooth with no lumps. Are they extremely high calorie? Yep, but who cares?

Of course - but who wants to live forever? :P:D

Actually, butter is much more healthier than we used to think...;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

I thought of you when we hung our ornament from Croatia on the tree today.

• HearPeers Heroes

You have an ornament from Croatia?!? Uauuu...

Taking into account the size of my country :)

Thank you :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Yup, proudly displayed on our tree. We bought it when we visited Croatia on a cruise a few years ago. Wish we had time to explore more of your beautiful country.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yup, proudly displayed on our tree. We bought it when we visited Croatia on a cruise a few years ago. Wish we had time to explore more of your beautiful country.

Ah - yes, I forgot that detail ;) I was wondering how could that be possible. :blink:  Thank you, once again: this made my day today  :)  ^_^

Where do you live Mary Beth? 

In my country, where I am from (the capital city Zagreb) turkey is on the menu at first day of the Christmas.  :P

• HearPeers Heroes

I believe most here in the U.S generally have Turkey on Thanksgiving and ham on Christmas

• HearPeers Heroes

I believe most here in the U.S generally have Turkey on Thanksgiving and ham on Christmas

Interesting - we eat ham on Easter, then we have so called Easter Breakfast after church service when we eat ham with eggs and the rest. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

We eat turkey on Thanksgiving and either ham or turkey on Christmas depending on which family we are with. Easter is ham also.

Ivana, I live in Plattsburgh, NY. It's a small town in the northeast corner of New York State along Lake Champlain and just north of the beautiful Adirondack mountains. One hour south of Montreal Canada.

• HearPeers Heroes

MaryBeth I am from a little further south than you. It depended on which part of the family we were visiting for Christmas. Easter is usually ham. One constant being that my family migrated from Ireland, always potatoes

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, in my country potato is main side-dish but I like more pasta and prefer whenever I can.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well I my family growing up we had turkey at thanksgiving and ham or turkey at Christmas. Now it's always turkey. My family traditions vary. My father was from Austria which we visited many times to see his family. But now my parents have both already past away so we celebrate Christmas with my husbands family which his mom is from Finland!! So many traditions here. We usually put our tree up around the beginning of December. Oh growing up we always had candles on our tree. That was my fathers family tradition. With a side of Austrian chocolate!! Now I get Stollen for Christmas the kind with Marzipan in it. My mother in law and I really enjoy this together!! We also celebrate Christmas with my fathers family before Christmas as we all have many families.

• HearPeers Heroes

Haven't heard of stolen with marzipan. Would sound great as long as you dont add the candied fruit. Not a fan of the candied fruit

• HearPeers Heroes

The is some candied fruit but the pieces are so small it is so good. It comes without marzipan as well. I get the Kuchenmeister brand right in the local grocery store. It comes from Germany.

The is some candied fruit but the pieces are so small it is so good. It comes without marzipan as well. I get the Kuchenmeister brand right in the local grocery store. It comes from Germany.