Implant recovery

dsmerritt

Well I have finally been given a date for my bonebridge implant - 18 Dec. Very excited. I haven't been given any information on recovery time after the implant, ie how much time off work. Anyone have any suggestions on how much leave, if any, I should take?

• HearPeers Heroes

Excellent - congratulation! :)

Hard to say - I was off a week.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's is awesome news! So happy for you!!

I not have a bone bridge so can't really answer that part of it

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news!! Good luck with your surgery. I have a cochlear implant I am new implanted so I can't help with info either. I needed two weeks for me.

My doc suggested to stay home for 7-10 days. My recovery was much better than expected. I had a bit of pain for 48 hours post op. The area behind the ear was swollen for 4-5 days. I must admit my mental alertness was not up to snuff for 5 days post op (not sure why). I am 6 days post op and I feel very good!

• HearPeers Heroes

Did you take strong pain mess? They have a tendency to make u groggy. Or just from the surgery. The merest hey use for surgery can affect everyone differently.

Thanks for the feedback! Since it is so close to Christmas anyway, I might just take the following week off.

• HearPeers Heroes

Newhearing - operations for Bonebridge and cochlear implant are not same...

• HearPeers Heroes

I know that. But it gives the reader something to go on.

• HearPeers Heroes

As far as recovery, it really varies from person to person. If your CI surgery is on a Thursday, from the people I have talked to and my own experience, usually by around Monday you have your legs under you. Things need to be taken slow. Some have issues with pain while others are just taking Tylenol by the next day. Some have a little dizziness and some don't. Others mentioned different taste shortly after surgery. This did not happen to me.

I think these are the most common things you might hear from people

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree Adam. Everyone is an individual. We all do things differently and we all react to things differently. I had pain for 21 days no dizziness and really bad tinnitus for the first three weeks then it calmed down. So take it with a grain of salt. No two people will react the same.

• HearPeers Heroes

I know that. But it gives the reader something to go on.

Pardon me, but then it's not possible to compare pain and discomfort's level.

• HearPeers Heroes

As far as recovery, it really varies from person to person. If your CI surgery is on a Thursday, from the people I have talked to and my own experience, usually by around Monday you have your legs under you. Things need to be taken slow. Some have issues with pain while others are just taking Tylenol by the next day. Some have a little dizziness and some don't. Others mentioned different taste shortly after surgery. This did not happen to me.

I think these are the most common things you might hear from people

People - can I ask you something: this is topic for Bonebridge and somebody could be confused when you explain CI surgery and postoperative issues within this section. Please. have in mind that someone who is just entering into this field can not process everything immediately...

Pardon me but we mix a lot of facts and experiences - can we please stick with the titled topic?

I love that everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and experience on this forum. I really appreciate the feedback.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck with your surgery. What a fantastic Christmas present!

• HearPeers Heroes

The more you know the better you will do. It encourages others to do their best when they see their peers striving for their best and really working hard to get there. Life in genera is not a piece of cake so why should we expect it? So d your best and only good things will come of it. Best of luck on your surgery and recovery. It is definitely a journey worth taking!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I love that everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and experience on this forum. I really appreciate the feedback.

Well, speaking for myself - I am here because I have learnt so much just by reading other people's experiences. Then of course, I will share my experience...

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara and Ivana

Very well said. I could not agree more.