This should bring a smile to your face

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I have to say it was a good video. Made me cry too though. My activation is tomorrow. So it will be my turn to laugh and cry!!! Lol.

• HearPeers Heroes

New Hearing,

I was advised to go in with low expectations and high hopes. I set my goal as hearing 12 distinct beeps. That happened and I was thrilled. When speech was turned on I just heard static and beeps that matched syllables. During the second ear's activation all I heard was a marimba playing and it didn't match syllables very well. I am saying this because I hear great with my first CI- can use the phone , listen to podcasts, have conversations between rooms etc. What speech sounds like at activation is no indication of how you will perform with your CI. My marimba sounding new CI can already have a short phone conversation and it's only been activated for two weeks. And it just loves music already.

Enjoy whatever your hearing journey becomes. Embrace it. Train. Enjoy the new sounds. It's a great ride.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Mary Beth. I was given the same advice. I am prepared to ones clicks bells or whistles. Even a Mickey Mouse voice or Donald Duck voices. So thanks for the advice.

• HearPeers Heroes

CIs are very unique. Over time during the first weeks I have had:

Static with beeps

R2D2

R2D2 and an actual voice layered together

Marimba

Whale song

Darth Vader

Mickey Mouse

Just trust that everything will sort itself out in due time. My right CI hears nice human voices and has for a long time now. My 2 week old left CI is still sorting things out.

It's a great journey.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's funny. But i am excited for the journey. I know it takes time just like healing and getting over the pain which took 21 days before it completely stopped. So here I go.