Traveling on airplanes

steph

I will be traveling in the future and I was wondering how to get through security with my cochlear. Also which one should I wear the Rondo or the Sonnet.

• HearPeers Heroes

@steph

Enjoy your trip.  I have worn both my Sonnet and Rondo on planes.  They both work fine.  Sonnet is easier if you plan on using around the ear headphones.

Security was easy.  Just went through like normal.  Make sure your CI supplies are in a carryon that stays with you at all times.  I use my backpack.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 4/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, Mary Beth said:

@steph

Enjoy your trip.  I have worn both my Sonnet and Rondo on planes.  They both work fine.  Sonnet is easier if you plan on using around the ear headphones.

Security was easy.  Just went through like normal.  Make sure your CI supplies are in a carryon that stays with you at all times.  I use my backpack.

I agree. 
ive the the same 

If TSA gives a question, just say it’s for hearing. I’ve always walked thru without any problems 

As for on the plane, Sonnets work better for hearing with headphones 

Carry your Med-El supplied identification card with the serial number, especially when traveling abroad.