Movies with.CI

MaryD1944

Has anyone had problems with understanding dialog in a movie theater? I tried my first movie after my implant recently and had to leave the theater because I couldn't understand the dialogue. I have been activated for 1 1/2 years.

• HearPeers Heroes

@MaryD1944

Are you using Sonnet2?  How do you do understanding speech in person?

I found aural rehab, along with MAPping appointments with my CI audiologist, very helpful.  As my listening skills improved, various real life situations like movie theaters became easier.

How are things going on your CI journey?  It must be more difficult being activated during the pandemic restrictions.

I am using Sonnet 2 and can usually understand speech in person. I also can follow TV either with or without AudioLink as long as I concentrate.  Being activated during the pandemic has been a challenge especially since I live alone. I have always loved going to the movies and now that things are opening up  I was hoping to enjoy them again. Thank you, I will discuss this with my audiologist when I see her next.

• HearPeers Heroes

@MaryD1944

If it was me I would spend time watching TV without the AudioLink so I got used to hearing movies through just the processor mics.  Then try movie theaters again.

Different movies have different sound tracks.  Some are easier than others.

Wishing you the best.