Question for my bionic buddies

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

For those of you who have been activated. (Any device)

What sound surprised you in the way it sounded and why?

• HearPeers Heroes

Birds- who knew there were so many!

Geese flying overhead- you can hear individual "voices"

Squeaky screen door, garden clippers- I always thought they were quiet

I'm just loving all the sounds, especially now in stereo.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

The very first sound. The chiming of the turning on!! Then the garbage truck outside my house!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Doesn't necessarily have to be the first sound.

One of the funny ones for me as well as a clue that I started losing my hearing much earlier than I thought were songs. I would listen to a song from the mid 80's and never realize there was a bass solo in it or certain instruments until hearing the song again after my activation.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds which I thought I knew well, for instance - recognizing separate instrument within symphonies, loudness of certain distance sounds - car engine at the parking lot, possibility to differ voices from the background...

I could hear a lot of sounds around me but I couldn't separately define it. All sounds were mixture - this is what I cherish most of my bionic episode. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Well then I would have to say how all things make sound. Anything that moves is surprising to me. I never heard so many sounds as when shopping with my mom the other day. The clicking sound the cr door makes. Water bottle crinkle. If you squeeze it a little. People all around and doing different things. It really is truly a miracle to hear even if it is a little bit!!

• HearPeers Heroes

It will keep coming Kara! Enjoy those little aha moments that so many take for granted. Sometimes I almost think it was a blessing for me to lose my hearing as it has given me a true appreciation of what I hear, plus the reminder to never take things for granted. Hearing or anything else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi I have a new question for the CI- borgs. I got the Bluetooth out and ready. Do I need to put the processor on T to make it work?? Mary Beth, Adam, Matt, Sandy??

• HearPeers Heroes

Unless you are using an FM system ( which is what I have) you put it on mt or t

Yesterday I ran 5 miles so I brought my FM system with me to listen to music. I connected the transmitter to my phones music and put them in my pocket. It streamed wirelessly to the receivers attached to my battery covers