Expanding on comment from (traditional hearing aid vs. bonebridge

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana I have to disagree with you on one point you mention below

"This was quiet place because forum had communication's problems. We didn't have a proper moderator - big thanks to Erik Haugsby because now we now that someone is on the guard with whom we can actually speak and wait for an answer.

I believe this was also crucial point - we already had chatty forum but unfortunately not a miderator. That's why we lost a very valuable member of the team - John. I still hope he'll be back. Recently Matt Laxton started to post again".

We actually have a number of moderators that check the forum daily. Back when there was a lot of spam going on, they were working behind the scenes very hard to find a platform that would prevent all of the spam. Unfortunately the spammers are very smart and it took a long time to finally keep them from posting.

The moderators wanted this forum to be about the members and they didn't feel like they should intrude too much. After realizing that the forum could probably use more of a presence to let us know that they are there and they do care, Erik and a couple of others have been replying to more challenging posts.

Yes John was frustrated with the spam and some lack of communication but that is not the reason he left. I don't feel it is my place to say why. He is very active on another Medel forum though.

I did reach out to MATT and a few other members that are valuable parts of this community to give it another go as the spam and other early issues are being worked on.

The moderators of this forum are working hard to make this an awesome place to come, learn, give feedback as well as make new friends. It is a work in progress and they are continually looking for ways to improve. I feel like the forum is better than it ever has been. Mainly because of the passion, wisdom and dedication of the members. Ivana you are a hype part of this forum amd a true blessing to those coming here to Learn about BB and some of the other aspects.

This post is not to point fingers or to get on anyone. I just felt some things needed to be cleared up. I do feel that in each area of the forum, we do need to stay on topic but as has been said, every once in a while we do stray a bit from the topic. I think that is ok as long as we get back to the reason of the post.

The community is growing, people are learning and we are get closer in friendship and better in our knowledge each day which I feel is a huge win.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam, thanks for this information and thanks to Erik and his team for helping to make this such an informative forum. Also, to all the participants who take time to answer questions and share their journey. This forum has helped me tremendously.

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree with Sandy. This forum is awesome! The team is awesome! Thank you aErik and your team for the fabulous place for us to get to know one another to find information and to have a group of listiening passionate people! Without you and your team Erik this would

Not be possible!! Thanks to all participants also for their passion and humour it makes the world a better place to live in!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Dear Adam,

You forget times when forum was down and you were frustrated (with me) because we didn't get any answer when we tried to communicate with our moderators? I hope not. This is the fact. The fact is also that now is everything ok so I don't see a point that we talk about it now. I pointed out what I think is the most important for the funtion of the forum.

Also, you told me that John left because of that reason - I didn't have reason to doubt to your's words. What you both communicate between yourselves - stay between you. Matt also wrote that he can not participate in the forum where we didn't know what was going on. He came back for a short but than dissapeared because second pause came out.

But this is at least important - the fact is that forum almost died. If we both hadn't rambling here as last people on the Earth it would die for sure. And then Erik came - he reached both of us and we knew that something was going on. Without that I can not say that something else was going on if I wasn't aware of that.

About staying on topic - there are numerous topics or questions where we reached more than 20 posts or 2 pages but there was only few answers which had connection about the question and I am not talking about posts where we are talking WITH the new member (trying to relax them) than we totally forget about him or her. This is the point of my kind request that we use more our chat room/topic than individual topics.

There is also one more reason why I called for more clarity - BB is mostly used for a conductive hearing loss, some imformation written about senso-neural hearing loss can be understand wrong. There are many similarities between our's types of hearing loss, but there are also many differences. There is no danger if we ramble about planetary system, for instance - but situation is different when we mixed facts which are basically different.

My intention was also not to finger out someone because we all rambled along and across and I sinned also; but I am trying to point out dangers of mixing posts.

• HearPeers Heroes

This forum is unique in several ways. One being that it addresses BoneBridge and CIs. I don't recall seeing any posts about ABIs yet, but I'm sure they will come too as that technology reaches more users. We share in the benefits of MedEl's advances in technology but our hearing journeys are different.

I will try to be more conscious about the original topic when I post. I do want future members to find what they are looking for easily.

• HearPeers Heroes

This forum is unique in several ways. One being that it addresses BoneBridge and CIs. I don't recall seeing any posts about ABIs yet, but I'm sure they will come too as that technology reaches more users. We share in the benefits of MedEl's advances in technology but our hearing journeys are different.

I will try to be more conscious about the original topic when I post. I do want future members to find what they are looking for easily.

Heh, you won't believe this Mary Beth - there was a topic about ABI in the previous setup - an electronic engineer Jay from Toronto reached us here to say his story. He was a bilateral CI user when CI's started to failure - then ge got an ABI. He was satisfied with it. Interesting story - I was amazed, I started to learn about this excited field and this story started my interested for neural pathways and neural regeneration. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow I hope he comes back to the forum to write out his story and join the group.

• HearPeers Heroes

I hope too - until then I have never had an opportunity to speak with someone who has an ABI. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I have only heard about them. I will ask my Audi if she has some info. We could ask Erik if he knows anyone.

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe Mary Beth and Adam can post on the facebookgroup.

• HearPeers Heroes

Asking friends and famil Y about it. If they know someone invite them to share their story. Totally voluntary.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ah, that - pardon me, I didn't understand what have you had in minds....

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

If you find Jay's post, please comment on it so it pops up for us to read.

• HearPeers Heroes

I think abi's have come a long way. Just a few years ago, some docs in the U.S wouldn't recommend them as an option

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah it's the up and coming thing in technology. It will flourish with time.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

If you find Jay's post, please comment on it so it pops up for us to read.

I will try to find it, although some posts have been lost during the process of backing up. :( :(