Waterwear

ChicagoIris

I used Waterwear and a headband in the pool. What a great experience to splash around with my grandson and hear! However, putting the waterproof cover on the Rondo is difficult and took quite a while. Does anyone have a technique/tip to simplify the process?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Iris and welcome,

I used the waterwear on my Rondo often this past summer. You get better at it the more you do it. Also, since each cover can be used three times I found that the first time is the hardest to put on and then it improves for the second and third time. I am careful with that waterwear pull tab since I do not want to tear it. When you get the cover on, I found that the easiest way to center it before applying the seal is to just wiggle it between your fingers. No need to tug at it. I hope this helps.

Mary Beth

Hey Iris! Good to have you here. RONDO by design is pretty skin-tight, so Mary Beth's right that it can be a bit tough the first time. I've got some additional information about how to apply it that I'll send to you in a private message--unfortunately due to regulatory reasons I'm not able to make it public right now, so if anybody else has a question about it just shoot me a PM and we can talk behind "closed doors." Hope that doesn't sound too secretive, it's just because of non-MED-EL legal regulations.  

• HearPeers Heroes

No Erik we appreciate it!! We know where to find you!!! Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Erik. I have the water wear but got frustrated. would appreciate ant help.

Just want to thank all of you for the helpful suggestions. Putting on the Waterwear is a lot easier now. Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great Iris. I love the waterwear on the Rondo!

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you for the good wishes. My youngest nephew is getting married and then a couple of weeks later a friend and I are driving to Santa Fe and Phoenix to get away from the snow and cold!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Well there is no snow!! But definitely enjoy the trips!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Nothing wrong with getting away from the snow if you can. Enjoy