Any parents of CI recievers around here?

Jiwani

Hi all,

I am new here. My 3 yr old son recieved his CI in sep last year. He is doing good, although speech is still babbles. Was wondering if i could get to know about others' progress to assess how my son is going...

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to hearpeers!!

I believe we do have some parents, my apologies I can't think of the names. Hopefully they will chime in soon. There is also a section on the forum about kids. I would check that out.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

It's called parents of children with hearing loss. Take a look at some of the posts t see if you get anything that might help. You can also message the parent with any questions.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to Hearpeers. I Will agree with Adam. I can't help in that department.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is an interesting story for you to read.

I checked forum that deals with kids and there are some people you can reach out to that have kids with CIs. You can click on their name and send them a direct message

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141816/Girl-born-completely-deaf-hear-parents-sing-Happy-Birthday-time-turns-four-today-ground-breaking-medical-procedure.html

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Jiwani,

As my colleagues stated before - welcome at the Hearpeers. I don't have a child with a CI nor am I a CI implantee; I have a bone conduction hearing implant actually, but if I can help you from my professional experience (I am an otorhinolaryngologist) - don't conpare your child with other. He or she has its own dinamic - don't worry... Just be persistent and excercise with your child whole time: it can only help. ;):)