Implanted on Tuesday, 12/22/15

Elbras

Hello everyone!

I've been sleeping a lot since my surgery. Pain level has gone down. Nausea stopped. Now I am walking around without any dizziness. Can't eat a full meal yet, but I prepared a Christmas dinner before I went to the hospital and I am looking forward to enjoying that meal!

Activation day is set for January 14, 2016. In the meantime, I will brush up on a new language I am learning, Spanish, and do some Adult coloring that has become quite popular here in USA.

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow glad to hear your doing well Elaine!! Rest up and colour on!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hola Elaine,

I'm in Mexico at the moment and struggling with my Spanish.

I understand more than I can speak which I think is due to my implant.

Good luck with your activation.

Matt

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Elaine - just rest as much as you can, strength will be back: step by step. :)

Hi

Woke up with eye infection on the same side as implant was done. Is this normal?

I know surgeons had clips on left side of my face and my left eye as alarms in case they got too close to these nerves during surgery. Not sure if this cause infection or maybe the gook they have on my hair got onto my pillow case and I slept face down.

Any advice?

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Elaine, I'm sorry to hear you have an infection. Maybe Ivana will have some advice. Take care and have a Merry Christmas.

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Elaine,

Nope, the operation doesn't have any connection with your eye infection. Actually, totally opposite - if there was any significant factor which can cause an infection it would make more damage in the operated ear than to your eye.

Perhaps you rubbed your eye - I am not sure how your health-care system is organized: do you have possibility that your doctor see you?

It can be anything: pus discharge would direct you toward bacterial cause, viral are not so dramatic but no insignificant.

I usually prescript an combination of antibiotic-corticosteroid drops.

Ivana,

MD is 2 hrs away. Took 1 antibiotic cephalexin 500mg at 9am. Can't take another till 8 hrs.

We have a call in to my surgeon. Hopefully he can call back soon on Christmas Eve

Thanks

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

Ugh... You took it orally? Eye infections are usually treated with eye drops so effective amount of drug reaches target place.

• HearPeers Heroes

Could also be discharge from the eye. The tear duct may have become clogged. Are you in the states or Canada? In Canada we can get over the counter eye drops made by polysporin for pink eye etc. Is the eye red and hot if not it's generally not a infection. But try the polysporin eye drops. They work really well.

Hello everyone,

I am happy to report that eye infection is down substantially today.

Couple drops of Prednisolone eye drops, and sleeping propped up on pillows with my head tilted to the right helped.

It was a little challenging to sleep propped up because my head is still sore but it did the trick.

Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement.

Enjoy your Christmas Day

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

That's right - corticosteroid eye-drops do wonders... :)

Hope that relief came quickly !

It did, Ivana!

I happened to have some laying around the house when I was blogging hear peers! How convenient!

Again, thanks to all

Elaine

• HearPeers Heroes

;)

Excellent if it helped - it's good to have some medications at home. Just beware - it has to be unopened.

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to hear things are going well, except for the eye.

Is it on the skin or in the eye?

I know my wife is allergic to adhesive on the tape most hospitals use as well as the white round sensors they stick to you for monitoring

• HearPeers Heroes

Very true. I have a issue with the tape after a few days becomes red and inflamed and hot. Allergic reaction. Nasty sometimes.