Ade

Hi everyone I'm a new member here I had my cochlear operation in May 2015 and was activated with a sonnet in June and from then to now I'm so happy with it I love music a lot more now then I did when I had hearing aid I'm just glad I made the right choice to have cochlear implant I'm from the uk

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Ade - welcome to the HP!

We're here jolly good gang from all over the world - I am from Croatia. Please, share as much experiences you wish or ask: we are pretty sure that we can help :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Ade!! Welcome to hearpeers!! Welcome to our bionic group of wonderful people who will do their best to help you with any questions or just to hang around and enjoy some Conversations of anything under the sun!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Ade!

I was implanted in my right ear in February 2015 and activated in March 2015.

I was implanted in my left ear in October 2015 and activated in November 2015.

I agree. The CIs are awesome!

Welcome

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree too - although I proudly use BB! :D :D :D

• HearPeers Heroes

BB sounds awesome too in its own way, Ivana. Smile.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I know Mary Beth - just another way to present myself although I am secretly soaking up (by osmosis) your experiences! :D :D

Thanks everyone it's nice to meet people from all over the world I was wondering what BB stands for that you mentioned lol

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to hearpeers Ade!!!

I have bilateral CIs. I just recently upgraded to the sonnets. This April will be my 5 year anniversary of my right implant. Got the left a few months later

Looking forward to getting to know you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ade the BB is for people that have a different type of hearing loss. It is for those that have conductive hearing loss

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Ade, welcome to Hearpeers. I received my implant two plus years ago and it's been an awesome journey ever since.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ade the BB is for people that have a different type of hearing loss. It is for those that have conductive hearing loss

Not exclusively Adam. :D

Although I know you this will be a comment from the peanut gallery, it can also be a choice of people with single sided deafness - most because of the cost of the CI implantation.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks everyone it's nice to meet people from all over the world I was wondering what BB stands for that you mentioned lol

Yes - it is a BoneBridge implant. Pardon me, I took it almost as private designation :D

However - you see it is merry here. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Ade, Another from the UK.

I was implanted five years ago at Cambridge where did you get yours? So pleased you like your ci and that music is good for you. I also love to listen to music and I full well remember hearing clearly for the first time... John Lennons mouth organ in Love me do. Funny how some things stick out.

• HearPeers Heroes

Laurence

I have experienced the same, especially with music. Amazing how you notice so much more. A true reminder of exactly how much we were missing before.

• HearPeers Heroes

I totally agree Adam and the funny thing is... I am still, after some five years of having been implanted, still hearing things that I never heard before. Another example....

In my late teens I used to go wild fowling, (duck shooting) I never did hear the ducks over head in the dark. Sometime since I was implanted, I heard during the day, some Wigeon, and was amazed at hearing their high pitched whistling as the flew past. Such a beautiful sound too and because of this.... I no longer go duck shooting.  :o

Your avatar looks like you are hiding in the reeds for something. Do you have a punt gun ready?

• HearPeers Heroes

Laurence, there are datas that brain changes even 7 years after the cochlear implantation. So, there are even more space to grow :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I was thinking of skin it's the other day. You should get a captain America sheild one for the sonnets!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Well it seemed to fit you. Since you posted the pic with you running with the flag.