Revaccination with pneumocaccal vaccine

Cara Mia

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Bottom line is check with your surgeon.

Here is what I learned from HealthCentral.com -- in two minutes online!

Most experts say a pneumonia vaccine will be good for 5 to 10 years, but it’s important to check with your doctor to be sure of the most current recommendations. Some people—the elderly and people with compromised immune systems, for example—may need to have them more frequently because their systems are more susceptible to infection.

Along with getting vaccinated, there are of course other measures you can take to prevent pneumonia. For instance, here’s a rundown on seven everyday things you should keep to yourself to prevent spreading germs. If you feel as though you are coming down with a cold, make sure to treat it immediately so it doesn’t result in something worse – like pneumonia!

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Jdashiell said:

Bottom line is check with your surgeon.

Here is what I learned from HealthCentral.com -- in two minutes online!

Josh,

Your informations are not accurate at all - pneumococcal vaccine serves as a preventive method not to get a meningitis as the consequence of the implantation. By inserting electrode into an inner ear thus connecting a middle with an inner ear and brain without the effective dam; and by doing an implantation reaching from the surface of head into the inner ear - there is possibility to be infected with sort of bacteria which causes MENINGITIS - the Streptococcus Pneumoniae also called as Pneumococcus. There are other bacterias as the Neisseria meningitidis and Haemophilus influenzae type b.

Please, read more at much more informative website, the one of the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/meningitis/bacterial.html

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/mening/cochlear/dis-cochlear-faq-hcp.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5141a5.htm

• HearPeers Heroes

First of all I am not Josh:)

Secondly and more importantly, the issue in question was about pneumonia vaccine and how long it lasts.

I just listed what I read!

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 29/09/2016 at 7:01 PM, Jdashiell said:

First of all I am not Josh:)

Secondly and more importantly, the issue in question was about pneumonia vaccine and how long it lasts.

I just listed what I read!

I really do not follow you - who had asked about pneumonia?  :wacko::wacko::huh: