Audio quality after call

Lauren

I’ve been wearing my Rondo 3 more as it’s just more comfortable, only wearing Sonnet 2 when I need the AudioStream for a phone call. Anyways, didn’t switch right back to the Rondo after the call was over and ended up getting another call so answered. Went about my business while on the phone and was across the room at the conclusion of the call so it was ended by the other party. Not sure what caused it but everything was still sounding muffled, almost like my phone was playing some kind of audio but with the volume turned off/way down. Seemed a little better after I restarted the Sonnet. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

My next appointment is this Friday so it’s good timing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 4:00 PM, Lauren said:

I’ve been wearing my Rondo 3 more as it’s just more comfortable, only wearing Sonnet 2 when I need the AudioStream for a phone call. Anyways, didn’t switch right back to the Rondo after the call was over and ended up getting another call so answered. Went about my business while on the phone and was across the room at the conclusion of the call so it was ended by the other party. Not sure what caused it but everything was still sounding muffled, almost like my phone was playing some kind of audio but with the volume turned off/way down. Seemed a little better after I restarted the Sonnet. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

My next appointment is this Friday so it’s good timing. 

Hey lauren, how did your visit go? I was wondering if the sound you were hearing was eas?

The appointment was just booth testing but good timing again as my next appointment is tomorrow. We kept it on topic and in regards to testing/results but gave bullet points to discuss in depth tomorrow. 

I tested with just the Rondo and did well considering the past year. Tomorrow will be more discussion and less testing. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Good luck at your MAPping appt.  Let us know how things go.

@Dianna

@Mary Beth

Had a good appointment. Decided to not mess with the mapping as I’m doing really well. My audiologist said whatever I’ve been doing to keep it up. 

We did finally add programs though. I’ve always had only Natural directionality and now I have Fixed and Omni in both. Other than the Sonnet 2 utilizing EAS, the MAPs are identical for both processors. I did express a desire to make the sound brighter/crisper/sharper (if that makes sense) however that would mean adjusting for higher frequency and that would just get my eye a-twitchin’ so for now we left it as-is. Next follow-up will be in 6 months but if I need anything at all I can just message my CI team. 

Also discussed in depth was going bi-lateral. We actually spent more time laying out the pros/cons and discussing this than the mapping lol. It’s a really hard call. I do want to go bilateral but have more to consider than I did with my left ear. I’d be giving up more than I did and the difference now vs then was only amounted to a drop of 4% in testing. I am still benefitting from a hearing aid and my left ear shouldn’t have taken as long as it did to settle in. The sooner the better, but we agreed to leave it down to word comprehension. I’ll get my right ear tested again in six months and see if there’s been further loss in comprehension. 

Also didn’t realize it but the test two weeks ago my audiologist admitted that it was on the quieter side, quieter than I’ve ever been tested at before, so there’s no questioning the CI now. (I do prefer it now over the HA). 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

You will know if or when it is time to go bilateral.  Glad things are going well with your CI.

Hi lauren, thank you for sharing. Im at that exact spot, going in next week. 

Im so glad you are feeling more better with it all!

Thank you. I feel comfortable waiting right now. It’ll happen, just not quite yet. I’ll browse through HearPeers and read user experiences who waited 1+ year(s) between implants. 

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Thank you. I feel comfortable waiting right now. It’ll happen, just not quite yet. I’ll browse through HearPeers and read user experiences who waited 1+ year(s) between implants. 

Also due to my surgery in April (hip replacement :( , my second one) I don’t think anyone would be comfortable recommending me for surgery so soon anyways. I wouldn’t feel comfortable either.

I’m rehabbing all up in here (I’m so hip and with it that I needed them replaced, even if it was several years apart). 

On 8/3/2022 at 6:29 PM, Lauren said:

Find any thing interesting? Im doing same. Im at the similar place. Trying all maps, etc.

41 minutes ago, Dianna said:

Find any thing interesting? Im doing same. Im at the similar place. Trying all maps, etc.

Nothing yet. However I just accidentally bumped my Rondo clean off my head with my umbrella when walking into work. I was so panicked. If it had been my HA I wouldn’t have been as panicked. 

35 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Nothing yet. However I just accidentally bumped my Rondo clean off my head with my umbrella when walking into work. I was so panicked. If it had been my HA I wouldn’t have been as panicked. 

Ohhh noooo! Was it ok?

22 minutes ago, Dianna said:

Ohhh noooo! Was it ok?

I think so, waiting to hear from my CI on if I can pop in for a quick check just to be safe. It ended up under my car, processor on one side and the cover on the other. Found the cover first then carefully looked and spotted the processor on the other side. Just got back from changing clothes (I work in an office) as I looked like I fell down in the parking lot lol. Wet and covered in sand/gravel (both me and the processor). 

While home changing I threw away the cover and grabbed a new one and before putting it on checked the processor thoroughly and cleaned it and then put the new cover on. Hope it’s good. 

What a way to start the week. 

• Sad 2