Sonnet 2

Bailey

Good morning to all cochlea implant users.

My name is James, and I am thinking of upgrading to a Sonnet 2 processor, and I’m trying to find out what the benefits would be.

Has anybody upgraded to the Somnet 2 processor, and if so how do you find it over the Somnet 1. My main concern is the battery life and the rechargeable batteries that I have right now don’t last very long before I’ll have to change them.

thank you for reading my message and for any information you can provide.

James

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bailey

Welcome to HearPeers James.

Med-El recently announced a new rechargeable battery for both Sonnet/Sonnet2 called rechargeable battery max that is to last 17 hours.

Follow this link to read about the rechargeable battery max.  Just click on the gray arrow in the top right corner of the link.

The main differences between Sonnet and Sonnet2 are in the Sonnet2’s faster computer chip which can do more things like adaptive intelligence which lets the Sonnet2 automatically adjust based on the sound environment we are in.

@Karen T upgraded from Sonnet to Sonnet2.  Maybe she will share her experiences with Sonnet2.

I believe @Betsy also recently upgraded from Sonnet to Sonnet2.

Hi bailey! How exciting....i have sonnet 2 eas, my year old recargeable batteries last frim 6 to 8/9 hours. When i am home i usually use 2 for a whole day. Disposables last about 48. Looking forward to investigating the battery max! Perfect amountcfoe a whole days use!

Hi Bailey,

Six months ago I upgraded from opus 2 to sonnet 2.  Overall a great device;  especially with the wireless connectivity feature.  However, if you live in an area where the temperatures are between 35-40 degrees like me, you will have a lot of trouble with sweat and humidity.  Especially the cable is very weak against moisture.  The sound cuts out  at the slightest moisture.  That's why my old opus 2 comes to my rescue, especially on extremely hot days.

I get a solid ten hours on my standard rechargeables 2.0, which regrettably are not available in the US yet. The cable is a bit delicate, but in a moderately cold climate  I've not had bigger issues with the equipment (except two dead cables in two years).

I've not had my implants before the Sonnet 2, so I have no comparison to previous gen tech. Only the 1.0 batteries were a bit of a disappointing experience for me.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your wonderful replies. I have the original rechargeable batteries that came out for the Sonnet Processor , so I guess that is a while, and have only replaced Ed one. Before I buy new ones, I thought I might look at upgrading my Processor as well, I will have to consult with my Audiologist first. Until then, I may try going back to disposable batteries.

I can already connect to my Apple phone through Blue Tooth, so I can listen to my music that way, but not my Tv, which was why I liked the idea of Audio Link, but that may not be an option at this time. My TV does not offer Blue Tooth anyway.

James 😆

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bailey

I prefer using PowerOne Implant disposable batteries in my Sonnets.  I switch them out every other morning.  

There are several options for streaming the TV audio which do not require your TV to have BT.

How are you listening to your phone with Sonnets and BT now?

Hello Mary, I have paired my AftershSHOKZ wireless.headphones to myApple Smartphonethrough through Blue Tooth to listen to music streamed from Amazon Music by selecting MT or T on my MedEl Fine Tuner.  I can hear the music pretty well, but to talk on the phone is not easy.

I do have the Opera  Web Browser on my laptop in my bedroom, and the same AfterSHOKZ headphones connected to the same computer, so I can watch and hear the TV in that room, but no one else can, so while this is good for me, it is not good for everyone.

James

I have the sonnet a pair as I’m bilateral last mont I was in Durham for research the research was done with the labs Sonnet 2  all week what a big difference unbelievable ?

Im due for upgrade next year and I’ve been debating between Rondo3 and Sonnet I’m now leanings towards the Sonnets unless something new comes 

Good Luck 

Hello Dave, I would love to go bilateral as I am profoundly deaf in both ears, but have only one MedEl Implant. While I am grateful to have the ability to hear at all, I would love to hear in both sides.

James

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bailey

AfterSHOKZ are bone conduction headphones, correct?

Have you ever tried the Artone BT neckloop for phone calls with your Sonnet?  Here is a link to a captioned video review of Artone.  I have been using it for years.