Resound GN TV streamer 2...volume fluctuates on its' own

Pamela

Hello. I'm new to this forum.  I got some hearing aids that work great except for the bluetooth that connects to the tv.  The manual is confusing and my problem does not show up in the FAQ area.  The technition providing them for me advised that I just need to plug in  the TV part of it.  She advised that as long as I have the green light and amber light on it should be ok.  I have both lights on and I can hear the tv fine and can raise and lower it as well.   We have it conected with the Digital audio out optical output on the TV, to the optical audio input of the unit. 

My issue is that the volume fluctuates up and down on its' own when watching things on Netflix or Prime.  Can anyone enlighten me of some kind of fix?  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Pamela

@Pamela. I had the same resound system but, frankly, I cannot remember how I adjusted the volume. I used the Resound App on an iPhone. It was one of two ways. Either I raised the TV volume high and adjusted on my iPhone or I did the opposite, Raise the volume to max on the Iphone and adjust the volume on the TV.

What I can add to this is That the resound TV hardware seems to be exactly what Cochlear, as opposed to Med-El, use.

Not sure if this is helpful........

• HearPeers Heroes

@Pamela

If you are referring to drastic volume differences depending on whether you are watching Netflix vs prime vs live TV etc, that is happening to us with our TV without using any streaming device.  

But if you are referring to substantial volume differences within a show or while on Netflix, there may be a problem with the connection.  Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting?

This forum is hosted by the Med-El brand and the Resound streamer is not compatible with Med-El so you will not find many here with experience with that streamer.

Hi Andrew...  I tried raising the TV unit and adjusted the hearing aids...to no avail so I figured that shot in the dark wasn't it.  I'll try the other way around when I get home and see if it works.  Thanks so much.

Hi Mary Beth...the latter is what is happening.  The volume goes in waves... louder for 5 seconds to quieter for 5 seconds then louder for 5 seconds...and so-on.  Yes, I tried restarting everything a few times...no luck.  I'll try to find a forum related to my hearing aid manufacturer.  Thanks.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Pamela

That is not supposed to happen.  My friend has Resound HAs and that TV streamer.  She was given a phone number to contact for tech support if needed.  Maybe your audiologist can give you that number.