Rondo 3 Durability

Jimit

Hi All,

I started using Rondo 3 a week ago and today I knocked it down the road mistakenly. Thankfully it's all good but have couple of scratches.

So I wanted to know how durable the device is. Can I expect it to absorb the little shocks here and ther. 😛 I hate the clips but looks like it's better to have it tied to clip when going out. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jimit

Some people have designed or altered the attachment to better suit their needs.

My Rondos never fall off on their own BUT they have been knocked off…. By me (removing a shirt, resting my head against the car seat headrest, etc) and by others (hugging).

One time a friend hugged me and the Rondo got knocked off.  It landed directly behind her foot.  One step back and the Rondo would’ve been stepped on.  That got me interested in securing options.

Exactly @Mary Beth, I don't doubt that it will fall off by itself. I do trust the magnet but I can't trust myself 😛.

Can you please tag people or give some reference to know more about how I can alter the attachment for better security with comfort 😂

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jimit

Each version of the Rondo family has its own attachment design.  I have Rondo 1 so the way I tether it will be different than Rondo 3.

Maybe start a new topic called how do you attach your Rondo 3 and we can tag Rondo 3 users in there for ideas.

In addition to the attachment clips from Med-El, there are independent vendors that also make attachment options like 

https://www.ciretentionsolutions.com/product-page/rondo-3-cases-all-colors