Wellness check- smile

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Just checking in on everyone to make sure everyone is fine. It's been quiet around here lately.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm doing good. How are you?

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm fine too. Sure has been quiet around here.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm doing fine too. The weather has been lousy here so have been spending time in my craft room and listening to music. It's definitely a slow process but will be worth the effort. Still getting used to the new mapping but again, patience.

• HearPeers Heroes

What are you making Sandy?

• HearPeers Heroes

So what's you making Sandy? Weather is is all over the place hot windy cool but no rain. Or very little.

• HearPeers Heroes

Beautiful day. We had some much needed rain last night after a very hot day. I'm anxious to get activated but I am really still pretty sore. Hope this starts to get back to normal soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad that everybody is doing well. Kay, I wish you to get back to yourself by the day of your activation (and even earlier). Hope your activation will bring you a lot of positive feelings. Just not to expect much at the beginning - It is just the beginning :)

I am also fine. Getting more and more ready (morally) for the second implant.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kay- wishing you a speedy recovery and a good activation experience .

Cara- exciting! How long have you had your first CI now? I lost track. I received my second CI 10 months after my first one. I was so ready to hear with CIs in both ears by then!

• HearPeers Heroes

Good for you Cara! Hope all goes as well as the first one did. I find the non hearing world a bit lonely. Anxious for activation.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kay,

The time between surgery and activation does tend to seem long. Feel free to chat with us here. We will keep you company while you wait.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks I'm going to stay under cover til I can do my hair Sunday! It looks awful and there's nothing I can do about it. Itches too! I'm still waiting for the call back from the CI nurse about my earache. Took some Tylenol so it's better. I'm really glad I bought a cap tel phone! It is wonderful.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Mary Beth and Kara, I belong to an international group called Swap-Bot. We sign up to exchange different crafts. Mine are usually making greeting cards, knitting, crocheting and creating artist trading cards. I just finished five different packages and my next one is to make 31 different artist trading cards with a Hallowen theme. These cars are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches each. They need to be mailed by August 31st. It keeps me out of trouble and you meet so many different people and learn so many different techniques.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

You mentioned this when we met. Sounds like it's going good!!

I've been busy getting back in the work routine and staying busy after work that I have not really made time to get on here and posts.  I'm healing nicely since my surgery two weeks and a day ago. :-)  I'm looking forward to Activation Day.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Good going Donna. I'm just a week behind you healing. Glad you're doing well. So am I.

Glad to hear that Kay!  This is just such an awesome journey - awesome blessing!  

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Donna and Sandy. Strange journey we're on. Keep pluging guys, I am expecting great things coming down the road. I get to actually wash my hair tomorrow yea!! It only takes small things to get me excited.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara- exciting! How long have you had your first CI now? I lost track. I received my second CI 10 months after my first one. I was so ready to hear with CIs in both ears by then!

It's a little bit more that 4 months since my activation and I get to the point when I am ready to get something better than my HA. I don't worry anymore about the complete silence for several hours each day when I will be without implants. But the most important thing is that my hubby is ready my second implant, too :)

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara, I have had my CI for 10 days. Most of the steri strips came off today except the ones that are still tight. I'll leave them till they get loose. It seems like my husband thinks I can hear him but I know he really doesn't. I can read lips if he doesn't talk too fast and it gets really funny. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get activated. He says he's ready. Activation should be July 14th. I worry about the surgery healing witout getting infected. I'm beginning to think I'm a bit of a hypochondriac . Maybe I am. Are you getting another CI or do you have it? Tina to rest. Peace

• HearPeers Heroes

Ah... There you are? - Everbody on the pile? :)  Excuse me, multitasking was always my toughest point...  :wacko:  :D