Sonnet/Sonnet2 standard battery cover useable life

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

How long are your Sonnet/Sonnet2 standard battery covers lasting before they become too loose and cause volume or low battery beep issues?

I preferred the battery cover with lever design of OPUS2.  Those battery covers never had an issue nor needed to be replaced and turning the processor on/off was much more convenient.

Im not all that happy with the slide on and off. Ive not tossed any covers yet as i have a couple colors so i switch them.

Mine are only 15 months old, my current insurance apparently doesnt cover anything so i have to pay cash. Of course im worried about the future.

I check what i can see and what i hear here in HP,  try to ensure i wont go a day without my beloved hearing.

My rechargeables are decreasing slightly, but working well.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

The slide on/off with Sonnets is a weak point in my opinion.  The OPUS2 lever works much better.

I have replaced several Sonnet battery covers.  When they get loose they trigger false low battery alerts and I also notice a decrease in volume.

@Mary BethMine last around 2 years, and I wholeheartedly agree the cover design is a weak point.

I purchased 6 Sonnet battery covers, 12 microphone covers, 2 DL coil cables and 1 battery frame to keep as spares several years ago, in addition to what Med-El ships and bills periodically to my insurance. I also have several ear hook pins and spare "O" rings.

• HearPeers Heroes

@David

Having spare parts for Sonnet/Sonnet2 is a great plan.  I did the same.  The Sonnet/Sonnet2 requires more maintenance/replacement of parts than my OPUS2.  The OPUS2 only needed the cable swapped out from time to time.

• Like 2

Only a year/year and a half into it but haven’t replaced any of those yet. However I switched to exclusively using the AudioStream so wondering if that would have the same issue as the standard cover or would it also eventually need to be replaced? As it’s more expensive than the regular covers I’m hoping it’s more durable. 

Im not all that happy with the slide on and off. Ive not tossed any covers yet as i have a couple colors so i switch them.

Mine are only 15 months old, my current insurance apparently doesnt cover anything so i have to pay cash. Of course im worried about the future.

I check what i can see and what i hear here in HP,  try to ensure i wont go a day without my beloved hearing.

My rechargeables are decreasing slightly, but working well.

I dont know why that message stayed lol.

I was exclusively using audiostream also but i dont want to have to replace it.

Ive been exclusively using rechargeable and considering max, but then...no audiostream unless i want it. Im thankful for using rechargeables with sonnet2. Perhaps current competition may help medel research come up with a rechargable unit for on the ear