Cannot remove the battery cover with a large coin. Thugning so hard it deforms the plastic cover. Cover will not budge.

ThomasH

• HearPeers Heroes

@ThomasH

I have not read about that issue before.  Are you able to contact your Med-El rep for assistance?

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue. Mine is pretty scratched out but i discovered its like a "gently push down and over" type thing. I use a quarter, but when i twist correctly it nearly falls out now. I did not know until i put the cover back in about the tricky twist. Its like a tricky medicine bottle. Also the rubber ring can fall out.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Med El now has a special tool for opening the battery compartment of the Fine Tuner Echo.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

I tried that tool last week.  Do you have it?  It worked for me as long as I exerted some pressure like pushing into the remote before turning.  What do you think of it?

Hi @Mary Beth I hope that you are doing well.

My audiologist gave it to me in October when my Fine Tuner Echo had to be replaced (I think the tool came with the new FTE?).  I haven't needed to change the battery yet (when the old FTE died I got used to using the app).  My old FTE was very chewed up at the back from battery changes (that's not why it died though).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

lots of people seem to prefer the app over the FineTuner Echo

(I am doing great.  Thanks.  Smile)