Balanced Bilateral Sound Power

Evren

Hi! I recently gone bilateral (Rondo 2 & Rondo 3) It's been 6 months since my second surgery and 3rd mapping was done last week. I have been using my first processor for about 3 years. The sound power of the newly installed processor is not yet as strong as the first one (Rondo 2) at least not up to my expectations. My question to bilateral users: How long did it take for you to reach the same sound power for both sides? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Evren

For me it was just a few months before the new side balanced with the first side.  This varies for people.  It helped me to train the new side alone and also train using both sides together.  If you look in our rehab Dr toon you will find lots of training ideas.  Wishing you the best.

• Like 2

I just went bilateral after having my left side implanted since last year, even ended up getting re-implanted on the left. 

As my left had the past year benefit of CI usage, it took right to the new implant immediately. Right one struggled initially but with two maps behind me and one tomorrow  (will mostly focus on testing tho but I have a few adjustments I want made, if there’s time) things are slowly improving. Sound wise they couldn’t be more different individually but it melds together when both are on. Not totally balanced but not getting echos and the volume is ok. Initially things were so quiet on the right while my left was handling more volume  

I have Sonnet 2s and Rondo 3s both sides. I find out tomorrow if I can still use EAS on left and will find out if the right ear qualifies or not. 

• Like 3

I'm praying for you because you got this 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯

18 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Evren

For me it was just a few months before the new side balanced with the first side.  This varies for people.  It helped me to train the new side alone and also train using both sides together.  If you look in our rehab Dr toon you will find lots of training ideas.  Wishing you the best.

I will definitely check the rehab stuff, which i did not bothered latelty after my 2nd surgeon. Thanks for the tip! Though both sides are well balanced, when I take off my Rondo 2 the overall sound quality is less satisying and less powerful with the new one. But I'm sure It will improve over time.

• Like 2