Getting my CI

Dave in Pittsburgh

4 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

Sounds like your off to a great start. Don't expect everything to come back at once. I heard voices on the first day but couldn't use the phone till month four after telephone training for a month.  Music was the last to come back for me. It was lots of intense listening and following along with the lyrics infrint of me.  

Thanks a lot for the info and support I guess I have to be a patient person which will be tough for me but will other CI people responding it will get me thru this 

• HearPeers Heroes

You're welcome Dave! Yes, I love music :)  Since getting my new ear, I've been trying to listen to more variety to see how they sound. Thanks for mentioning Jazz, I hadn't thought of that for some reason. Any recommendations? The phone will come, everything is just going to be practice and patience. I keep telling myself "be persistent and consistent."

Beyond excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes on Monday!

• HearPeers Heroes

Exactly Dave!! The three Ps are our motto. Patience, persistence and practice. Best of luck Monday!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Dave - how it was? What is your opinion on this matter...? :)

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Dave, so you've been activated for a little while now. How are things going for you? 

Hi Adam

Things are going well I go for my second mapping Jan 23 Every few days I am recognizeing new sounds that I haven't heard befor.

I have the Quattro which also is a great help for my cell phone ,tv, and I use it a lot in noisy restaurants 

Do you have the MedEl implant?

Thanks

Dave

• HearPeers Heroes

Dave, I sure do. I am bilateral so I have an implant in each ear. I will be 6 years this April 26th and June (can't remember day offhand).

i have the sonata implant. Started with Opus 2 processors but now have upgraded to the Sonnets.