The benefits of listening to a movie with headphones for bilateral, bimodal and SSD users

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

We just finished a two week traveling vacation which included some long flights.  I watched movies with my BOSE QC35 around the ear headphones.

It was so cool to experience the audio effects when the movie purposely delivered sound to only one side or timed the sound differently for each side to depict movement.

I do LOVE listening with two ears!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree headphones are the best for combining ears!  It's great for me too, gives great quality stereo for SSD with Sonnet.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

I knew that music separated left and right sides and often delivers different audio L vs R but I had not realized how often the L and R audio was different in movies.  There is a scene in the movie When Harry Met Sally called the four way phone call.  It’s when Harry phones his best friend at the same time Sally calls her best friend and these best friends are a couple in their bedroom.  The audio separation is amazing.  We just listen to TV at home through the regular TV speakers- no surround sound, so these audio effects are not apparent but when you listen with the headphones it is really cool.

• Like 2