Audiostream connectivity problems

Asher kim

2 hours ago, Tim said:

@Estela 

¡Interesante ver mi publicación citada en español! Mucho ha cambiado en las 6 semanas desde que publiqué eso.

Mi uso de CI con mi Pixel 6a y Samsung Tablet S6 Lite ha funcionado bien.  

Todavía estoy viviendo la vida peligrosamente en el programa Android 13 Beta en Pixel 6a. Acabo de instalar la última versión beta anoche. No hay problemas hasta ahora con el uso de mi Sonnet 2.

Mientras viajaba, terminé usando mi Sonnet 2/Audiostream con mucha transmisión a mi Pixel 6a. Era más fácil tener una transmisión a solo unos clics de distancia que lidiar con un enlace de audio.

Normalmente conecté mi tableta Samsung S6 Lite por cable a mi Audiolink, pero como Estela me lo pidió, finalmente la emparejé con Audiostream de Sonnet 2 y parece estar funcionando bien. He estado transmitiendo desde la tableta durante una hora sin problemas.

Como persona SSD que intenta hacer rehabilitación, me gusta mucho usar Audiostream. En la última semana y media, hice 3 audiolibros de libby y muchos podcasts. Creo que pasé todo el viaje de 8 días sin sacar mi Audiolink para transmitir a mi Rondo.

Un par de molestias:

• La conexión BT de AudioStream parece más sensible a la ubicación de mi teléfono que mis auriculares Sony.  
  • No puedo entender por qué Audiostream parece desconectarse a veces, pero no siempre, de mi teléfono si no está transmitiendo durante unos minutos. Dado que el problema no parece ocurrirle a mis auriculares, creo que debe ser un problema de Audiostream. Probablemente tratando de ahorrar energía
  • Tengo que llevar una segunda batería recargable (tal vez pruebe la solución preferida de Mary Beth de baterías desechables para uso durante todo el día).
  • La falta de alerta temprana para las baterías que se están agotando en el Sonnet 2. He estado haciendo muchas transmisiones intensas. La duración de la batería es mejor de lo que temía para el uso intensivo de transmisión, pero extraño la vida útil de todo el día que generalmente tenía en el Rondo 3. Apenas uso la batería Max en mi Rondo porque quiero mantener disponible la opción Audiostream. 
  • No es un problema de Audiostream, pero a veces me encuentro cambiando entre Rondo y Sonnet varias veces al día. Cambiar de procesador en la aplicación AudioKey 2 requiere demasiados pasos. (Sería bueno si el punto triple en la esquina superior derecha diera acceso directo al comando "Cambiar procesador" en lugar de hacer una copia de seguridad del nombre de usuario).  

Mientras volaba y viajaba en trenes ruidosos, a menudo usaba mi Sonnet 2 debajo de los auriculares Sony. Los auriculares con cancelación de ruido eran realmente agradables y pensé que esto podría ayudar a extender la batería del Sonnet si no dependiera de la transmisión directa. También ajusté el audio en mi oído bueno para que estuviera solo alrededor del 5% del volumen de mi lado IC para que fuera mejor la rehabilitación. Creo que una configuración de micrófono Omni probablemente sea mejor en esta configuración, pero eso es algo que pediré como opción en mi próxima asignación. 

Cuando veo televisión, a menudo uso orejeras para bloquear la mayor parte del sonido en mi oído bueno y dejar que el Rondo intente transmitir la mayor parte del audio.

Muchas gracias por contestar!!! Hoy voy al centro de Med-el en Madrid. 

Mi problema es que yo utilizo mucho los auriculares con cancelación de ruido (pero al usar tanto porque utilizo todos los dias) se me rompe cada 7 u 8 meses y volver a comprar otra carcasa de FM de Sonnet. 

Por eso estaba pensando en comprar el Audiostream. 

Ya te contaré cuando pruebe y si al final me lo compro o no. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tim

The Sonnet processors can have a low battery beep warning.  I thought that was defaulted to on and an audiologist could choose to turn it off.  Maybe that has changed.

• Members
5 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Tim

The Sonnet processors can have a low battery beep warning.  I thought that was defaulted to on and an audiologist could choose to turn it off.  Maybe that has changed.

Mine has the beep(s) but it is such a short lead time, it is basically a "you have 2 minutes to run and get a new battery" message. I guess it isn't so much a "low" battery warning as it is a "very low" battery warning and soon to turn off. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tim

That’s interesting because the beeps used to last so long (consistent beep alerts for 20 minutes) many of us asked for that to change.  Since I change disposable batteries on a schedule, I don’t hear low battery beeps.  But now I may let them go and see what happens in my Sonnet 1 processors just out of curiosity.

Hiya, i cant stand it when i get that beep! It does make me feel like i have to run and get a battery! Its been long enough that im used to it now, so i walk to get a battery (laugh). Sometimes i ignore it but the only way to get out of three times a day, i do use disposables, and switch in morning of second day like mary beth.

• 1 month later...

i agree this is very frustrating to have a phone, previously compatible, now not connecting at all! Med-El says the problem is with Samsung and Samsung says the problem is with Med-El. Shouldn't Med-El be able to keep up with the Samsung updates? No one wants to take responsiblity for this. And apparently, it could happen after any update so you may buy a new phone and then lose connectivity when it updates also!

This is really disappointing.

i agree this is very frustrating to have a phone, previously compatible, now not connecting at all! Med-El says the problem is with Samsung and Samsung says the problem is with Med-El. Shouldn't Med-El be able to keep up with the Samsung updates? No one wants to take responsiblity for this. And apparently, it could happen after any update so you may buy a new phone and then lose connectivity when it updates also!

Does anyone know if the Samsung 23 is compatible?

1 hour ago, janerichman said:

The phone has had 2 more updates.  I  did complain to Samsung  and  the phone is now compatible again,  but I  must admit that I am now  reluctant to install any new updates. 

• Members

@Kim Minor software updates are hopefully relatively stable and safe. 

I can't speak to Samsung phones but my Samsung S6 Lite tablet has continued working fine with Audiokey 2 to my Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2.  (Just reconnected my S2 via Audiostream and listening on S2 w/o Audiolink.)  I know there have been one or two Samsung Android OS updates for my tablet since I got activated at the end of January.  But I haven't noticed any problems.

My Pixel 6a phone is on Android 14 beta 2 which broke Audiokey 2 connectivity. This is entirely self-inflicted on my part though - major beta updates should not be counted on for complex things like this. I'm sure it will work after the full release (probably mid-late Summer.)  Going off of the 14 Beta back to 13 is a major pain - I'm going to skip it for now, fingers crossed it gets fixed in Beta 3. 

Perhaps it might make sense to have a forum for Android and a forum for iOS in HearPeers.  This would give a spot for asking questions like has anyone tried the new update for...? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@janerichman

I am not sure if this will help you but I saw posts about that phone and audio streaming issues elsewhere.  The fix for that user was…

“ I just went into settings - accessibility- hearing aid support- toggled the compatibility to on for adjusting my phones audio”

I spent over an hour with Med-El rep on Zoom today trying to pair it, and no luck! But I did what you said, Mary Beth, and I was able to pair one side but not the other! (I am bilateral now :))

Still, I am SO HAPPY to be able to stream at least one side. THANK YOU!

Kim, I'm glad you got  yours to work!

2 hours ago, janerichman said:

I spent over an hour with Med-El rep on Zoom today trying to pair it, and no luck! But I did what you said, Mary Beth, and I was able to pair one side but not the other! (I am bilateral now :))

Still, I am SO HAPPY to be able to stream at least one side. THANK YOU!

Kim, I'm glad you got  yours to work!

I find now  I pair on audiokey  then on the phone  then I need to press the volume  up or down to get the sound to come through.  When I put it on again in the morning  I  have to toggle the volume again  but not re pair. 

Hope that's  helpful 

• 5 weeks later...

I can't  believe it. Another  update and it's  gone again  my audiostream  is  worthless 😪 so sad and fed up.

19 hours ago, Asher kim said:

I can't  believe it. Another  update and it's  gone again  my audiostream  is  worthless 😪 so sad and fed up.

And it's  back with a  little help from Samsung  phew!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I am glad it is back @Asher kim!  Did Samsung issue another update that fixed it?

19 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

I am glad it is back @Asher kim!  Did Samsung issue another update that fixed it?

No they took me step by step through a work around. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim

Will you share that work around here in case others may need it too?

34 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Kim

Will you share that work around here in case others may need it too?

Sorry  I  can't remember  it I had a bloke  walking me through it on live chat. It was a lot of steps  started off with re start the phone,  uninstall and reinstall the app, clear the  cache  and I've  forgotten the rest

Hi kim, what samsung phone do you have?

I just recently traded in a s9+to s23 ultra with no issues in may. Now im seeing so many issues i believe some issues with new version of android are popping up and i wish it would be fixed!! I used to be able to pair up my ha and ci simultaneously havnt been able to lately, havnt tried. Im waiting for other problems to resolve before i remove all and reinstall, its exhausting!

Another user here is testing the beta and reporting issues here before android 14 becomes rolled out for all.

2 hours ago, Dianna said:

Hi kim, what samsung phone do you have?

I just recently traded in a s9+to s23 ultra with no issues in may. Now im seeing so many issues i believe some issues with new version of android are popping up and i wish it would be fixed!! I used to be able to pair up my ha and ci simultaneously havnt been able to lately, havnt tried. Im waiting for other problems to resolve before i remove all and reinstall, its exhausting!

Another user here is testing the beta and reporting issues here before android 14 becomes rolled out for all.

S21 ultra.  I  love  Samsung  phones  but the connections are becoming  problematic.  I  was going to upgrade to the s23 but  I'm  thinking I won't bother 🤔 

32 minutes ago, Kim said:

S21 ultra.  I  love  Samsung  phones  but the connections are becoming  problematic.  I  was going to upgrade to the s23 but  I'm  thinking I won't bother 🤔 

My s9 worked so well, but connections dropped, seemed to need replacing, and i wanted 5g.  I think it will be fine when next version finishes and i figure more things out 😃 

Oh, and my sister has s21 and started having some things happen too. Im very much hoping it settles down

16 hours ago, Dianna said:

Oh, and my sister has s21 and started having some things happen too. Im very much hoping it settles down

Apparently  it's  just  the  s21 ultra,  the s21 I've been told is fine 🤔

7 minutes ago, Dianna said:

I think its phone issues tbh, im having issues with notifications etc. 

The ultra just has better camera is main difference