Sonnet Rondo or one of each?

kblgy

• HearPeers Heroes

People are hoping for that but Med-El has not released any information.  Med-El's policy is not to release information prior to a device being available or approved.  So at this time, we actually do not know anything definite about a future one piece processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's what I'm hoping @hadron  so when I may need a back up processor I will have to buy one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I have 1 of each, Sonnet and Rondo. I wanted a backup and an option to choose between the two.
When I decided to get my second CI (Activation in 2 weeks!!) I ordered 1 of each again.

At  the time I received my first kit I did not have rechargeable batteries, nor is the additional microphone enabled yet as the FCC had yet to approve it. That meant when my supply of batteries ran out it became an out of pocket expense. I wore the Rondo exclusively, which meant three batteries every three days. I like the Rondo for the comfort but I have yet to swim with it. But it is a battery hog. The Sonnet only uses two batteries. Now, soon after I had to start buying batteries, I finally received my rechargeable battery kit!! Therefore I have switched to wearing the Sonnet.

When I am activated in two weeks with my second CI I am told by my CS Rep at MedEl the the new set includes rechargeable batteries for the Sonnet. Since I also get the Rondo I must assume I receive some batteries for it as well.