Sonnet/Sonnet2 upkeep

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

This week I have been bothered by a strange sound on my left side.  At first I thought it was hair touching the mics.  Nope.  Then I wondered if the internal magnet was not aligned so I performed the 10:00/2:00 maneuver with the DL-coil attached.  Nope.  I was beginning to wonder if I would need to send my left processor in for service when it dawned on me that it could be the cable cutting out from time to time.  So I replaced the cable.  Bingo that was the issue.  While I was dealing with that I changed the mic covers and replaced one disposable battery pack that worked intermittently no matter which Sonnet it was attached to.

It was a high maintenance week for my Sonnets!

The faulty DL-cable had lasted a really long time.  Much longer than the previous D-coil cables.  Thank you  @MED-EL Moderator  for improving the durability of the coil cables.

I do not understand what causes Sonnet disposable battery packs to fail from time to time.  They are cleaned as recommended.  The disposable battery pack on my OPUS2 never failed.