Sonnet or Sonnet 2

Hallee

Hi there!

I'm Hallee, a  CI user from the USA. I would love to hear your feedback on Sonnet or Sonnet 2. What are the pros and cons of them? I'm using OPUS because Rondo 2 does not fit my lifestyle and work type. Everything about Rondo 2, neck loop, etc had me very disappointed. I'm very nervous about purchasing a new processor because I do not want to spend time, money, and effort to make it work successfully. It should not have to be so difficult. I'm trying to be hopeful the next processor like Sonnet or Sonnet 2 will do. I have read everything about it, but I want to know who wore it. What is it you wish the processor had? What could Med-el do better next time? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hallee

Sonnet 2 offers an improved microphone, more front end features to help hearing in noise and with the AudioStream battery cover- direct streaming from phones and tablets.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Hallee

items that are included in kits change all the time so check with your rep but yes they have been included.

Hi hallee!! I have sonnet2eas on one side. I received one processor, audiostream (bt device) audiolink (assistive device for connecting and or wearing as a link for streaming) a waterwear packet ( not tried yet) tons of manuals and at least one of each spare part.

I was implanted at university of iowa and my kit was made for me by them. I did have a choice between audiolink, audiostream and a T-coil connector. I chose the two expensive items, seeing the t-coil item obtainable on line at considerably lower price.

I am really happy with medel!!