Speech processing strategies FS4 bs FS4p

Mary Beth

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Correct.  And if more users preferred FS4p, I would think it would’ve become the default.  There must be a reason that FS4 remains the default.

@Mary Beth In the discussion way back the blue brand users reached a consensus that the sound was slightly richer, making music more pleasant, but at the cost of reduced speech clarity. This seems to be in line with what @Tim reported as well, despite the brand difference. I assume, that while there are obvious design differences, the general strategy follows the same principles.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 11:19 AM, TechnoMonoCo said:

University of Iowa, Hospitals and Clinics. 

Good morning techno, how was your mapping?? I will be going in for testing next month.

On 9/16/2023 at 5:59 AM, Dianna said:

Good morning techno, how was your mapping?? I will be going in for testing next month.

Went well. Had to majorly bump high pitch volume as I was barely hearing anything in that range. All 4 of my maps now have FS4-p.

Decided to add an omni mic which has been really nice - too bad it doesn't have AI though 😕 Would be really nice and honestly I'd probably only use omni if that were the case.

Cool!! Hows the higher pitch helping??

I have an omni with no ai that i use when messing with music, that way i dont have anything blocking anything at all.  My other 3 maps are AI mild and strong. TBH im not in many situations that i use strong, occasionally in crowded restaurants, and i sit where most of the group is in front.

Good to see you in control and understanding your journey!!!  Like seeing your posts.