activity after Implant surgeryy

Kay

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi, I am anticipating my 2nd implant on October 9. I didn't have any problems with the first implant so I'm not expecting any now. My concern is, I am committed to co-host my book club on the 11th. It would  be better if I checked my calendar when I schedule this stuff but being me, I didn't! ? So I'm wondering if I'll be fit to do this. I can't remember what I was like the 2nd day after first time around though I do know I had no pain really. I'm sure I won't be a fashion plate . I plan to buy the refreshments so that won't be a problem. I don't know why I get myself into these predicaments! ! Any advice?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Kay and I am excited that your second CI surgery is approaching.  My recommendation is to swap hosting months with another member.  Why have that concern hanging over you when you should just be focused on recovering?  That's my two cents.  If you are up to it, you can attend it.  If not, no problem.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Mary Beth. I just didn't realize it was that soon after surgery. I'll have to see what I can do. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I would either cancel or swap with someone else. For sure!! Give yourself time!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Mary Beth and Kara, I just didn't realize it was that soon after surgery. I'll have to see what I can do. 

I had lunch with my sisters  today and my sister Pat said she will sub for me so I only have to help prepare for the meeting before hand. 

Sisters are wonderful, at least mine are.  I appreciate all your advice. I don't remember enough of the after surgery from last year.

it.    

• HearPeers Heroes

I had a 2nd implant this year and my first CI carried me without a problem during the healing process. I did have to wear the ear cup bandage for two days before removing it and be able to shower.

Removing the bandage also helped the processor fit better! 

• HearPeers Heroes

I couldn't wash my hair for five days. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I would also vote for rescheduling of the Book Club - Kay, you never know whether this ear will act same as previous. 

I don't want to scare you but you have right to have a balance issue - I wouldn't recommend any improvisation...

Take care! :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Ivana. Since I have arranged for a sub to fill in I can do whatever I need to do, go, don't go, help or just sit. The meeting is at my sisters house so it's almost like home.  

• Like 3