Bilateral CI's Question

Ricky W

I will have my other CI in July, curious how do any of you distinguish between which CI is for what ear if you have identical Sonnet 2s so you don't pickup the wrong one in the mornings?

Do you have them marked somehow....hearing aids usually have red or blue markings.

I had my Sonnets decorated with skins, but they would only cover the outer side. That way it was easy to tell on the first glance which processor belongs where. Another way could be having different cable wraps on the coil cable.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ricky W

You do not need to worry because the right Sonnet 2 will only work on the right side and the left Sonnet 2 will only work on the left side.

Now I have skins on my Sonnets so there is never any issue but before that I put a little red and little blue sticker on the inner side of each.

Both mine are Anthracite.  I’d already had my original Sonnet 2 with Blue battery cover and mic cover.  Kept new one mostly as is and changed the battery cover to match the other side.  (Technically I’ve changed out every part of it since it’s been troublesome but that’s a nonissue since it’ll be replaced soon.)

The AudioStream covers I simply have a tiny mark to note it goes to the left side.  

IMG_2296.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 4:50 PM, Ricky W said:

I will have my other CI in July, curious how do any of you distinguish between which CI is for what ear if you have identical Sonnet 2s so you don't pickup the wrong one in the mornings?

Do you have them marked somehow....hearing aids usually have red or blue markings.

I would get different colored ci's like i did with bte hearing aids. Had a black and silver oticons. I now have pink. I hope when i get implanted again, i can get pink, if not i would get black against the white sonnet2 i have. (Giggle)

I do similar as others have shared. I use stickers on one side for my Sonnets and have different colored mic covers. For my Rondo 3s I’ve been meaning to make tiny red and blue dots for the magnet side on the off chance I don’t have different colored covers, just haven’t gotten around to it. 

Left vs right. Subtle differences in case I need to detach the magnet for any reason, eg replace the wire.

IMG_6380.thumb.jpeg.87fcbeb0609a2210b8f9dc226e8f3d66.jpeg

Different mic covers for when swapping skins or doing any maintenance.
IMG_6381.jpeg.1f38e614cf26c87c5d3a114825692c55.jpeg

As Mary Beth said, once a processor is programmed to one side it will only work on that side. But it is nice to be able to distinguish processors quickly so you aren’t putting on a processor only to realize it’s on the wrong side. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Did you make those covers yourself?  Very cool!

@Mary Beth I do. Mostly I make them for myself but I have made custom skins for a local boy with Cochlear N8s and currently waiting on a local user with Rondo 3s to send me info on a design they want. There are a lot of great designs out there but when there’s a specific design desired it’s hard to find, just what I’ve found when searching. 

I use vinyl sticker paper and it’s super thin, a little stretchy, and has a high quality feel when touching. The material can be used on Rondo 3s as well, as there’s no weight added. 

• Like 2

Gosh, but I’m just so lazy that I haven’t bothered marking my processors. When I set them down I leave them in left-right orientation. When they do get mixed up, which is rarely, it’s a coin-flip. If I get it wrong I just reverse them. 

🦥