New Hope For CI Candidacy

Eric in Tulsa

You may remember me from A couple of years ago. I was a CI candidate for about two months. I went through the testing, was cleared by the Audi, Medicare and my Insurance Company. Then I met with the doctor and in 5 minutes he decided I was too old and he refused to do the surgery. 
Fast forward to today. My new Audi, who knew nothing of my CI experience, asks me if I’ve ever considered a CI. 
You could have knocked me over with the proverbial feather. I told her my story and told her I was rejected because of my age and she was stunned. She asked if I was willing to try with a different doctor and I leapt at the chance. 
So I’m now scheduled for my first meeting with the Audi at that office on August 30. 
I’m cautiously optimistic. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I remember you @Eric in Tulsa!  Fingers crossed!  Keep us posted.  And if you want to join in our July 16 GoogleMeet just let us know.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I remember you @Eric in Tulsa!  Fingers crossed!  Keep us posted.  And if you want to join in our July 16 GoogleMeet just let us know.

Unfortunately, I have a prior commitment every Sunday morning at that time and cannot make the meeting. I appreciate your support, I’m keeping my fingers crossed as well.