Hello from Edmonton Canada

Anthony Canada

Hi there! I'm Anthony. I was just implanted on June 28th and my activation is in about two weeks. I'm hoping to find more Med-El recipients in my area to share in person experiences with.

Glad to have another Canuck on board. Eh.

Ralph in Toronto.

• Like 2

@Ralph34 its good to see another Canadian for sure! While I'm happy to make connections online I provided my city and said 'in my area' because, for me, nothing beats in person communication. 

@Anthony Canada You are exactly right. In person is best. Oddly enough, the only folks I know with implants are the ones on this forum.

Cheers

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi guys! Welcome @Ralph34, I’m one of our members from ON. We do have a few implantees here in ON. Not all here on the forum.  

• Like 1

Hi @Kara of Canada. Yup. Sunnybrook  alone is doing about 200 a year but I have never encountered any of them. 
The blend in  colours of processors must be better than I thought. 
Are you going to join us this month on the Google Meet?

6 hours ago, Anthony Canada said:

Hi there! I'm Anthony. I was just implanted on June 28th and my activation is in about two weeks. I'm hoping to find more Med-El recipients in my area to share in person experiences with.

I am Gerda and was implanted May 2016

so it's been 7 years now👍🙏

I live in london ontario but wish to be in contact with other implantees

From Toronto and got it done at Sunnybrook.  Activated last year April.  I'm happy to answer any questions.  I love my Rondo3.  

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Sunnybrook is amazing. I had both my surgeries there. Great staff. I have met about three or four from there. Not sure about the google meet. I’ll have to look at the date and time. 

• HearPeers Heroes
11 hours ago, Anthony Canada said:

Hi! @Kara of Canada & @Gerda

Is there another resource for connecting to implant users from the other companies?

I looked at the Cochlear site. They did have a “Cochlear family“. Not sure if it’s a group. But they do offer mentoring. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Prof Mo said:

From Toronto and got it done at Sunnybrook.  Activated last year April.  I'm happy to answer any questions.  I love my Rondo3.  

@Prof Mo thank you! I'm sure I'll have questions once I get activated. For now I'm like a kid a week before Christmas staring at the presents under the tree.

52 minutes ago, Kara of Canada said:

I looked at the Cochlear site. They did have a “Cochlear family“. Not sure if it’s a group. But they do offer mentoring. 

Thank you! I'll check out their website. Alberta is a new area for Med-El so they don't have the established local community that Cochlear and AB have. Perhaps my newest comes with a naivety but I feel like CI users no matter which implant provider they selected have a common base. I'll check out their website. 

• 7 months later...

May I ask you how long the to do 3 battery last on daily basis?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Ahmed  I have bilateral sonnets. I find the disposables last me about 2-2 1/2 days.