How long have you stayed using the same MAP?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

There is definitely a benefit to staying in the same MAP for a long time.  Our brains get to really figure it out.

I have one CI side that loves the same MAP for a REALLY long time (years)!  And one CI side that needs tweaks often (after 6 months even though it was activated 8 years ago).

What is the longest you have been happily listening using the same MAP?

@Mary Beth I've been using Sonnet 2 for 2 years and I only had it adjusted once during these two years. I believe that no matter what kind of program is made, our brain always adapts. As long as the program does not disturb you physically. In other words, it's our brain that actually makes the fittings!

I used the opus 2 with same MAP for 3 years before.!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sakin

If both of my ears behaved like my right side, I would agree.  My right side is happily using a MAP from 5 years ago.  It is a very steady side.

I’m a frequent flyer and have been averaging about 2-3 months without changes. Current MAP going strong since June 23. Changing to it really scrambled my brain though!

I like it and am cautiously optimistic that no changes to it are needed at my next appointment. Only thing on the agenda besides testing is filling up another program slot for a situational need. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I've been 18 months now

• Like 2

My perception of volume increases around 3 months so I turn down the setting and get a new mapping every 6 months. Quality of sound improves very slowly and new map does not change that. 

Current map is from February. In the past I had some stability issues with my maps, but currently I am not noticing any changes other than the map having some issues with clarity that it had from the day one. Hoping to redo it, and I've spoken with the clinic about it, but they are on vacation until early August.

I think the longest I've gone without any change in mappings was about six months, but that's because my history has been rather unstable to say the least. Hard to get a map that lasts when there are changes in medication that affect auditory perception.