Helpful tips for new members

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello,

Many people have recently asked about navigating HearPeers.  Here are a few things that I find useful.  They may help you as well.  Welcome!

The bell symbol at the top is notifications.  Touch it and a window opens.  It will list any notifications you have received and allow you to tap on any of them to be brought right to the message without having to navigate through the forum.  There is also a notifications setting icon in that window and by touching it, you will be brought to a window where you can choose when and how to be notified.  Scroll down as there are a lot of options.

The ACTIVITY link next to BROWSE is also very helpful.  Touch ACTIVITY then choose ALL activity to see a list of all activity posted recently and you can click and go directly to any item you wish.  After awhile of being on the forum, you can also use the UNREAD option which will then just show you posts that you have not yet read.  Clicking on them will bring you directly to the posts.

BROWSE option shows you all of our large topics.  Clicking on any will open up a list of conversations in that topic.

Aural rehab is a popular topic.

Assistive Listening Devices is popular as well and where you will find info on the Roger System.

SEARCH allows you to type in anything and search for it.

You can follow topics or follow people if you like as well.

It takes a bit to feel comfortable with this format, but in my opinion it is well worth it.  There are many, many helpful people here and lots of terrific information.  We also have Med El active here and can ask direct questions and receive info that way.  (Check out the Rondo 2 forum to see what I mean.)

I hope you find this helpful.

@Joan @Karen T @Angie @Samina bugti @Mary Alice London

• HearPeers Heroes

Good job Mary Beth. One additional item is tagging a user.

If you want to tag someone enter the @ sign and then enter the first letter of the username of the person you want to tag. A lot of user names should pop up. Continue with entering more letters until you see the username you want to tag and then press enter. The username should appear in white with the @sign in front of it on a blueish background color.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @hadron.  Tagging people is very helpful.  Great new feature of the forum.

• HearPeers Heroes

"Dangerous" option: Mark site read at top rightcorner under Search box:  Allow you to mark all forum (threads and posts) as read. This opthon are tested by me by mistake. I can sure you that works :o

Purpose:

- If you have unread post you are not interested on it.
- If you didn't login at forum for months and you want not posts and threads eat you :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Mary Beth  all I do is click in each topic menu and use it that way. Then at the bottom of each page there is a continue button to go to the next topic,  then I return to the main forum and go to the next main topic menu that is lit green. 

On 10/8/2017 at 10:51 AM, Mary Beth said:

Hello,

Many people have recently asked about navigating HearPeers.  Here are a few things that I find useful.  They may help you as well.  Welcome!

The bell symbol at the top is notifications.  Touch it and a window opens.  It will list any notifications you have received and allow you to tap on any of them to be brought right to the message without having to navigate through the forum.  There is also a notifications setting icon in that window and by touching it, you will be brought to a window where you can choose when and how to be notified.  Scroll down as there are a lot of options.

The ACTIVITY link next to BROWSE is also very helpful.  Touch ACTIVITY then choose ALL activity to see a list of all activity posted recently and you can click and go directly to any item you wish.  After awhile of being on the forum, you can also use the UNREAD option which will then just show you posts that you have not yet read.  Clicking on them will bring you directly to the posts.

BROWSE option shows you all of our large topics.  Clicking on any will open up a list of conversations in that topic.

Aural rehab is a popular topic.

Assistive Listening Devices is popular as well and where you will find info on the Roger System.

SEARCH allows you to type in anything and search for it.

You can follow topics or follow people if you like as well.

It takes a bit to feel comfortable with this format, but in my opinion it is well worth it.  There are many, many helpful people here and lots of terrific information.  We also have Med El active here and can ask direct questions and receive info that way.  (Check out the Rondo 2 forum to see what I mean.)

I hope you find this helpful.

@Joan @Karen T @Angie @Samina bugti @Mary Alice London

Thanks, Mary Beth !

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Karen T

It takes awhile to get comfortable with this forum but then it becomes easy to see new posts, search for topics etc.

try adjusting your notification settings by going to the notification bell, then notification settings and then scroll down.

Using the activity button lets you choose unread activity or all activity and gives you a list.  You can click on anything interesting and go directly there.

You can follow a member by clicking on her/his name and then choosing follow member.  You must set how you wish to be alerted to member posts from people you follow in your notification setting.

I hope you hang around.  You have a lot to offer here.

Thank you, Mary Beth.  You are most helpful as always.  I will definitely fix this so that J stay more current.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@KittKatz

No mistake at all!  Just several new users have asked for helpful tips in how to navigate this forum so I tagged you since you are new too.  And I am happy you are here!  No mistake at all.

• HearPeers Heroes

There are no faux pas here! We are all at different stages of our journey and will be glad to help each other a long. I was new here not too long ago! So don’t be shy we’re a great bunch of bionic buddies or cyborgs! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...