Listening device with phone

karenRS

What listening device are people using with the phone? I like audiostream but it is delicate and constantly breaking down. I have two and they have been replaced several but they are now out of the warrantee period which means buying another one. What are other people using? I had to do zoom meeting this morning with only one working audiostream 

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

I choose to use the Artone BT neckloop.  Very reliable.  Easy to use.  Connects with everything BT.

I was just looking at the video you posted about it and another one. Do you have to pair the neckloop with the sonnet ? Will it still work in a hospital or will there be interference? And thirdly do you leave your processor on MT all day? Ive only ever used microphone

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

1) no need to pair the Artone to anything other than the BT device (phone, etc) as that is the only BT connection.  The Artone uses the neckloop to transmit audio to the Sonnet

2) the only way to know if a particular location will experience interference is to turn the Sonnet on T or MT and listen.  If there is interference it will sound like buzzing.

3) I don’t leave my processor on MT all day but others do.  I switch to T or MT when desired and stay on M the rest of the time.  I do leave the Artone on under my shirt though so it is always connected and ready.

Audio quality is better with AudioStream but reliability/ease of use/consistency/price/ability to choose streamed sound only when on T/handsfree for calls is all better with Artone

Thanks! I've just ordered one. It's got to be better than buying two audiostream every year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Terrific @karenRS

I have two so one is always charging and I can easily and quickly swap between them.  Just turn off the one with the low battery- then turn on the fully charged one and it connects automatically and quickly.  I even did it once mid call and no one knew.  😊