I tried using adaptive mic setting for a full day in noise and here’s what happened

Mary Beth

I have cochlear n7. I am able to get my Audi to set me up with different programs and I still have a whole lot of control as well. I cannot believe ab and Med-El do not have the same ability. Perhaps Med-El should provide a comprehensive write up of all options in a non technical way. 

Forward focus is a very nice feature,  it cuts out background noise. Perhaps that's similar to adaptive is similar. 

I'm able to have 4 different programs. 

PS.  I may have missed something,  this is a very well discussed topic 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Which processor are you using?

update:  I just saw your other post about using Rondo 3.

Our audiologists can set up programs on Rondo 3 that automatically adjust to the listening environment (adaptive intelligence mild or adaptive intelligence strong) and our audiologists can also set up programs on Rondo 3 that remain using a specific mic setting and specific front end features and do not automatically switch based on our listening environment.

The two mic settings I compared in this post are….

1) omni mic setting with adaptive intelligence/wind block/ambient noise reduction/transient noise reduction all turned off 

and

2) adaptive mic setting with adaptive intelligence/wind block/ambient noise reduction/transient noise reduction all turned off 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

follow this link to a discussion on the artone