Rondo 3 streaming problem

Andrew42

I am, suddenly, unable to stream from either my iPhone or my iPad to my Rondo 3 and would appreciate your help.

I may well be doing something stupid so please be understanding.

Since this occurred recently I have done the following: none of which has had any effect.

1.       Soft reboot of both iPhone and iPad

2.       Re-paired Audiolink 2 to iPhone and iPad

What happens is as follows:

1.       I activate Audiolink and make sure it is connected either to my iPhone or my Ipad

2.       Using the device connected I open a recorded TV programme and run it.

3.       First I select language

4.       Second I try to select  how the sound is broadcast:

a.       I only have two options

i.      Airplay

ii.      iPad or iPhone depending on which I am using.

5.       No option to choose anything else

It never used to be this way, I used to be able to choose whatever it said to connect to my Rondo.

Questions:

1.       What steps have I forgotten to take?

2.       What may I be doing wrong)

3.       Is there an Audiolink problem as I have the same issue of both iPhone and iPad

4.       Thoughts?

Thank you.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andrew42

I will try to help.

You are using a cable between your AudioLink and your iPhone/iPad right?

@Andrew42 when I connect my computer to my Rondo3 using Audiolink and a cable to the base station. Normally that is all I need to do and the bluetooth button illuminates on the top of the Audiolink. When it doesn't work I sometimes have to manually press the bluetooth button. I think twice I've had to press the button just under it that looks like a - and + on each side of a dot. I don't remember what that button is called but it might be called direct connection. Are these two buttons illuminated? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Anthony Canada

Are you referring to the AudioLink’s mix button?  Pressing + increases the AudioLink sound in the mix and pressing - decreases the AudioLink sound in the mix

IMG_4123.jpeg

@Mary Beth .Thank you. I replied in an earlier massage that I only use wireless. That answer appears to be out somewhere in the ether.

@Anthony Canada. I do not use the base station at all. The technology so antiquated that my hearing aids ten years ago were more sophisticated. If my TV has an analog output it will be located at the back. My TV is wall mounted and I am not prepared to spend in excess of US$ 180 to have a technician come here, demount the TV and see if he can connect this antediluvian piece of hardware that then requires a mains input to function. Forgive my rant .  Medel may have outstanding cochlear implant  technology but their peripheral devices are not only very expensive, but clunky and, sometimes, unnecessary . Their main competition simply buys the technology from a third party and that technology is something I was using with hearing aids ten years ago.

I am not prepared to hard wire my Audiolink to my Rondo. I already have a lanyard for the Audiolink. I already have a lanyard for my spectacles. I already have a clip to save-guard my Rondo. More, I do not need.

I’m getting the strong impression that the answer to my problem lies in the physical Audiolink, but I have to find some way to prove that.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andrew42

It was important for me to find out if you cabled your AudioLink to your sound source (not to your Rondo 3) or if you connected your sound source via BT because the AudioLink behaves differently with each of those two set ups.

If you are using BT to connect the AudioLink to your sound source , it only can transmit the phone call protocol.

For all other audio, the app Audio2Ear must be running in the background.

Would you like me to add this topic to our agenda for Sunday’s GoogleMeet?

@Mary Beth. If you have extra time, yes. I think I may have solved the problem. Having decided that the solution probably lay somewhere in and around the physical audiolink, I suddenly remembered that to cure a problem with my laptop once I had to disconnect it AND remove the battery so that all sources of power were removed. and the laptop drained. I got out the little tool and split the Audiolink in half. For good measure I also wiped all the contacts although they looked just fine. After five minutes I put the two halves back together again and Bingo! it now works as it should.

My audiologistes at Bern Hopitâl de L'Isle seem to have heard of similar issues and so are sending me a new Audiolink. I may just be able to return it.

Thank you and others for your help and suggestions.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, Andrew42 said:

I am, suddenly, unable to stream from either my iPhone or my iPad to my Rondo 3 and would appreciate your help.

I may well be doing something stupid so please be understanding.

Since this occurred recently I have done the following: none of which has had any effect.

1.       Soft reboot of both iPhone and iPad

2.       Re-paired Audiolink 2 to iPhone and iPad

What happens is as follows:

1.       I activate Audiolink and make sure it is connected either to my iPhone or my Ipad

2.       Using the device connected I open a recorded TV programme and run it.

3.       First I select language

4.       Second I try to select  how the sound is broadcast:

a.       I only have two options

i.      Airplay

ii.      iPad or iPhone depending on which I am using.

5.       No option to choose anything else

It never used to be this way, I used to be able to choose whatever it said to connect to my Rondo.

Questions:

1.       What steps have I forgotten to take?

2.       What may I be doing wrong)

3.       Is there an Audiolink problem as I have the same issue of both iPhone and iPad

4.       Thoughts?

Thank you.

I had problems and called customer service and they walked me through it. 

@Rickymark. Would that were possible here. Medel has no customer service in Switzerland. We have to deal with our audiologists or by email with Austria. I do not know if what I did was overkill but during the time it took me to find a solution I basically shut down everything and started from scratch: Soft reset of Iphone and iPad. Deleted all bluetooth pairings on both devices and set them up again. Totally cleaned the electronics of the Audiokey by removing the battery. 

I suspect the soft reset of the apple devices was not necessary.

I have now written for myself a step by step process for streaming from an apple device. There are seven different steps and three apps  required just to stream anything and that does not include any of the resetting and re-pairing.

1 hour ago, Andrew42 said:

@Rickymark. Would that were possible here. Medel has no customer service in Switzerland. We have to deal with our audiologists or by email with Austria. I do not know if what I did was overkill but during the time it took me to find a solution I basically shut down everything and started from scratch: Soft reset of Iphone and iPad. Deleted all bluetooth pairings on both devices and set them up again. Totally cleaned the electronics of the Audiokey by removing the battery. 

I suspect the soft reset of the apple devices was not necessary.

I have now written for myself a step by step process for streaming from an apple device. There are seven different steps and three apps  required just to stream anything and that does not include any of the resetting and re-pairing.

Wow!  They always brag about 24/7 customer service...weird.  Anyway, I found out about turning audio2ear app on/off (I toggle/recycle it once) as one of the steps, after the autolink is paired with both your device and the Rondo. Pairing was an issue, too, but they told me the trick to that...the pairing has to be in the right order....

• HearPeers Heroes

@Rickymark

Med-El US does offer 24/7 support.

Other countries have different set ups.