AudioLink Drops Streaming

Lauren

Posting a new thread as I still have this happen. 

I only use AudioLink with my Rondo 3s cabled into my TV, so it’s sitting in its base, actively streaming then just up and quits on me. Only way to start it again is to remove it from the base and press it back in.

I’ve had the device replaced under warranty once and while it doesn’t happen as frequently as the first device it still happens on occasion. 

Anyone else have this happen, even if not in the same streaming situation?

It is added to my phone as a Bluetooth device but I rarely connect it. I prefer connecting my processors directly in AudioKey2. I’ve actually gotten phone calls and not had my streaming interrupted so I’m cautiously certain that my phone isn’t a cause, unless it’s randomly connecting and I’m unaware. 

• Sad 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

It may be worth having your phone forget the AudioLink for awhile and see if that problem disappears.  When the AudioLink does not have any BT connection possibilities it may not happen.

• Like 1

Did u call the company and ask for help with the audiolink device? 

• 2 weeks later...

Darn it - I forgot AudioLink device on my phone on August 20th as I didn’t recall trying that before. Had zero issues til now and it dropped streaming randomly 17 minutes into the second feature length movie. Just noting here so I don’t forget how many times this has occurred. One occurrence since August 20th IMO isn’t enough to call Med-El so I’ll just try to keep note of how many times it happens. 

Hi lauren, 

My audiolink does "drop" also, i kind of feel like its the signal from tv dropping quickly and it connects again. Agreed its a pain, i have same feeling its not frequent enough to report.

This also happens too me as well. The best way I've found to prevent it is to set the AudioLink's volume to low then set the input device's volume higher to compensate. Sometimes the algorithm that controls the auto shutoff is not receiving a loud enough input even if audio is coming through. And then when there's a loud spike in sound, laughter or applauds... etc, it'll automatically restart. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

When you use your Roku to stream directly to your Sonnet’s AudioStream, does this ever happen?

@Mary Beth Only in connection to my phone. If I forget to put on do not disturb I’ll get notifications, or if I open an app that has sounds it’ll pick up on that. But it doesn’t randomly drop. 

@John Schulz Thanks! I didn’t consider that and will look into it. Could also be the age of my TV. It works fine though and I really like it so I’ve been wanting to hold onto it as long as possible.