Artone Max 3 - sucks. Terrible connectivity even once paired

dkritter

So went out and bought an Artone 3Max directly from Artone website. It took a month and a bunch of emails where the actually lied to me saying it shipped but my email bounced back - right/s. Ultimately it shipped from some unknow third party and I got it.. But that is not my problem- I can hook up okay but my problem is I have lay the cable literally right over the top of my implants for a clear signal. If I turn my head, bump the cable, anything that upsets the status quo - it cuts out.

I have a Rogers systems as well and that is like bullet proof. The Artone not so much. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or got a bum unit. At this point - not impressed and would not reccommend.

DK

• HearPeers Heroes

@dkritter

Have you paired the Artone to your phone or streaming device?

Did you turn your processors/hearing aids to telecoil (T)?

is the volume on your streaming device turned up?

My Artones are plenty loud.  In fact I use them with my iPhone volume set to its lowest volume setting.

6 hours ago, dkritter said:

So went out and bought an Artone 3Max directly from Artone website. It took a month and a bunch of emails where the actually lied to me saying it shipped but my email bounced back - right/s. Ultimately it shipped from some unknow third party and I got it.. But that is not my problem- I can hook up okay but my problem is I have lay the cable literally right over the top of my implants for a clear signal. If I turn my head, bump the cable, anything that upsets the status quo - it cuts out.

I have a Rogers systems as well and that is like bullet proof. The Artone not so much. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or got a bum unit. At this point - not impressed and would not reccommend.

DK

Some folks enjoy it, some loathe it.  Yes, the connection can be spotty at best and can also depend on any interference.  Have had three units and same issues as you.  It's telecoil technology that hasn't changed in a whole lot in decades.  If your Rogers device works fine, then just stick with that.  YMMV.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have used Artone BT neckloops almost daily for 7 years and they are by far my most used streaming tech.  For me, they work great for audiobooks and phone calls.  Due to battery life, I always have another one charging and ready to swap out on long streaming days.

The company is very difficult to communicate with if there is an issue.  For that reason I recommend purchasing the Artone through Med-El US, since they have a Med-El warranty then and any issue during the warranty period is dealt with easily and quickly by Med-El US.

Tech preferences vary greatly.  It’s important to find a tech solution that fits best with our individual preferences.

My Artone's battery life only got worse in 2 years. Couldn't even keep up for an hour. E-Mailed the artone team but got no replies. Quite unsatisfied.

• HearPeers Heroes

I would be dissatisfied too if that happened to me @Evren

One of my Artone neckloops has been going strong for over 3 years and gets about 5 hours of direct streaming battery life still.

Hmmm, might consider, i chose audio link for my kit. I use alot, but sometimes the transfer of sound is not the greatest. I use audio link on tv along with bt hearing aid. The ci is better sound for me than ha.

Thanks for the responses.

I went through Artone direct and I agree they are very poor at any type of customer service, in fact they out right lied to me saying that they tried to respond to my emails but they bounced back. But then miraculously they returned my email after I threatened to cancel my order. Further when they did contact me they said my order had shipped and I should have been sent a tracking number previously. Several days later I get message that it shipped that day and the tracking number. Finally it came from a different supplier than Artone.

As far as connectivity I have it paired to the television 10 feet away. I hang it around my neck and the connection is poor at best since anytime the cable moves around my neck the connection gets interrupted. Consequently I have to find a spot with the cable position and then stay very still to keep it connected.

Maybe I got a bad one, needless to say not very impressed.

As Mary Beth said I should have gone through Med-El.

Mary Beth,

Paired it to my phone and it certainly works better. No matter where the cable is it's pretty solid connection.

I will have to work on troubleshooting the TV Bluetooth. Also going to try on different Bluetooth devices like my laptop

DK

• HearPeers Heroes

@dkritter

I have used my Artone with our TV but only via the Artone TVB streamer- not directly connected via BT to the TV.

My neckloops work under my shirt and do not need special positioning.

I almost always use the Artone neckloop with just my iPhone for audiobooks, podcasts and handsfree phone calls.

• HearPeers Heroes

I also had issues with battery life, I wrote them, but I have no received answer never.

We have no many options for us (implanted users), but if you have a good product but bad, poor or inexisten customer support, really you kill the product.

I don't have any problem to link with phone or laptop. In ad, my laptop have 10 years old, and this  don't have blutooth integrated, I connect Artone via bluetooth key purchased for this purpose with with few problems. Sometimes it doesn't connect well, and what I do in Windows 10, is to go to the bluetooth options, disable the device, wait a few seconds and re-enable it. The problem is solved.