Mapping Session After Second Surgery

Evren

Hello, it's been a year since my second surgery, but I have a question buggering my mind.

My audiologist claimed I had a successful 2nd surgery and my newest Rondo 3 could be mapped with just one touch -not on an electrode basis, but all at once, as if he were pressing a single button. Despite this, my newly implanted side is not much powerful than the first side with Rondo 2 as i'd like it to be. Both sides have Synchrony ST with flex28 arrays.

How did your audi made your mapping after the second surgery? Should I ask for a mapping session to test each of the electrodes one by one?

There might be a one touch option that guesses at levels to give a starting point but I don't understand how they can set your MCL levels without you telling them what that level is per frequency. Was this an attempt to get the two sides balanced in terms of loudness?

50 minutes ago, Anthony Canada said:

There might be a one touch option that guesses at levels to give a starting point but I don't understand how they can set your MCL levels without you telling them what that level is per frequency. Was this an attempt to get the two sides balanced in terms of loudness?

That was the intention I guess. He told me the key to the one push mapping is since i am bilateral user now, it helps to set the pair to a more balanced level. In practice it’s not to me. When I’m listening stereo with my Beats, the sound quality is not matching up. I may feel the balance in a conversation but my new side wanna catch up with my powerful side you know? And I feel the difference most when I only use a single side. 

Guess i gotta do a paid mapping soon. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Evren

My CIs are very balanced but they require very different MAPs to give me this balanced sound.

@Evren my second mapping wasn’t typical as I was implanted on the left side in 2021 then re-implanted at the same time my right side was implanted for the first time. However both sides were mapped like @Anthony Canada mentioned. Defaults loaded then my audiologist and I went back and forth until I was comfortable. 

When you go back for mapping make sure to mention that the sides don’t sound equal. it could just be volume which is an easy fix. 

I’ll definitely pay a visit to my audi, out of my scheduled appointment. I feel that i’m using the same map with my other side -balanced but not equal- and it is not just the volume. Once I get it done I’ll update you folks, thank you for your own stories. ☺️