Cintipgh (DAve)

Dave in Pittsburgh

Good afternoon everyone Oct 27,2017 I had my implant,today I went for my one year check up and the very intense hearing test and it was determined that my hearing is failing in what was a good ear so I am now goings to have the other ear taken care of I have a March 22 for the procedure.The audiologist said I’ll be getting the Roger Pen and the Roger Receiver 21 l said I hope it’s more user friendly  thean the Quattro and she said yes. I am very excited about this and share my happiness i. If anyone has any advice good or bad please share it

Dave

• HearPeers Heroes

Dave,

Going bilateral was the best decision ever for me.  I hope it goes as well for you.  The Roger Pen and Roger 21 are completely different than the Quattro4.  You may want to check into getting a second Roger 21 receiver so that you can receive the streamed sound on both sides.  There is a topic in here called Roger under Assistive Tech I believe.  Some people in the US have ordered Roger 21 from Connevans in the UK.  Others have ordered it through their audiologists.  We can not order directly from Phonak.  The last I heard, Med El USA is not selling either the Roger Pen nor the Roger 21 to us either even though it is an option in new surgical kits.

Being bilateral is so wonderful.  I hope you enjoy your journey too.  Keep us posted.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Congrats on going bilateral Dave ? 

I tested the Roger 21 and I highly recommend it! It’s small and super comfortable to use. It’s also really easy to use. Check out my review here https://blog.medel.com/roger-clip-on-mic-review/ 

Mary Beth is right - think about getting a second receiver for the other implanted ear. I think Adam tested the Roger Pen???

Keep is updated!!!! ?

• Like 2