Pain on earlobe when wearing headphones

Serena Wang

Hey All! I have a question, how do I deal with an ache thats on my right ear lobe when I wear headphones? I also wear glasses as well.

The issue I have is I wear Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones, and now since I wear them every day, my right ear lobe hurts. It hurts where the processor sits, like where the battery part rests against the ear and seemed to have developed into a blister or something. Strangely, the left side doesn't have this issue. Any suggestions on how to reduce the pain or get rid of the blister? (Have tried googling this issue but it's not giving me the specifics).

It might be my glasses, but the legs of it doesn't even touch the painful spot.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I wear the Sonnet 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Try positioning the Sonnet 2 so it sits in front of your ear instead of behind it.  It will rest in the QC35 ear cup.

Hello, why are you using headphones? I'm asking because I don't know. Is it better to listen with headphones? Don't like using audiostream or Artone 3 Max for Sonnet 2?

• HearPeers Heroes

All the various connectivity options have their advantages

Here are my thoughts.

headphones- separate left/right audio for music, built in mic to pick up your voice for hands free calls/gaming, noise reduction, connects to ALL BT devices, less expensive than bilateral AudioStreams and is more reliable

AudioStream- separate left/right audio for music, no need for any extra device but can not turn off processor mics and has limited connectivity to devices, also tends to be unpredictable at times 

Artone- least expensive option, can completely turn off processor mics, blended mono audio, built in mic to pick up voice for handsfree calls, connects to ALL devices, is not the best audio quality for music, can encounter EMI buzzing

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

we use over the ear headphones just like everyone else.  No need to change settings.  No need to use anything extra.  Just put them on over the Sonnet/sonnet 2.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

I recommend going to a store with a display of around the ear headphones and testing them out.  That is how I found BOSE QC worked great for me.  They are comfortable and they sound terrific.

BOSE QC35 have a side mic that picks up my voice for others for phone calls.