Meludia limited time 2 month free trial

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Are you in the US (and possibly Canada) where Med-El has not been able to offer the one year free membership to Meludia music training due to regulatory issues?

Meludia is offering two months free with no commitment.  Go to their website for information and use the code below by Dec 5th.

IMG_4972.jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

IMG_4974.jpeg

IMG_4975.jpeg

• Members

@Mary Beth Thanks for the link!  Looked great but I can't get it to accept the code, BL2M2023.  Tried on phone and laptop with same result. 
image.png.b0ec39371cc645506e6bdc932301bc5d.png

Your message said that they would keep it open until December 5th but perhaps they closed it down early. 

On the other hand, maybe I'm doing something wrong.  Is it working for anyone else? 

Ok so, I was just going through my emails and received the same offer from Meludia just like @Mary Beth…I proceeded to try out the “purchase” and it offered 2 months free. At this point, I’m not sure if I should sign up as I’m trying many apps for hearing rehab including free subscription to  Amptify plus doing my best to socialize & still working — geez, only have so many hours in a day! Decisions 😅

PS: screenshot showing that’s where I stopped myself

IMG_0423.jpeg

• Members

@NathalieM  I found the same thing and was coming back to post here when you beat me to it.  🙂

I'll give the 2 month time a try.  Figure that 2 months covering the winter break is pretty good timing, carrying me across the one year anniversary of activation.

I held off on Meludia since I didn't think that early in rehab I had progressed enough to get as much benefit out of the music rehab and focused on more simple speech sounds.

Just have to remember to enter a reminder to cancel (or decide to actually renew) in 2 months.

Very quick  initial comments after first 15 minutes

• Working on the "Ascending vs. Descending" tones exercise and it is pretty hard on my CI.  The many "replays" reminds me of my early stage rehab practice on WordSuccess where I might hit replay a half dozen times to try to figure out a word.
  • The user interface for the web app doesn't seem as clean on a phone browser screen. For example, the screen seems designed for a 4:3 aspect ratio rather than the wide screen landscape mode or the tall portrait orientation of phones. Might be better on a tablet or a computer but for my CI hearing, I really like to stream to my Sonnet 2/Audiostream from my phone.
  • Would like more context/info for user interface.  Maybe I'll get the hang of it more as I go along and put in the elbow grease.  Ex. success or failure on an exercise only has a small visual cue, unclear what "correction mode" means. 

All in all, looks nice and I know a lot of people in HearPeers have liked using it for rehab.

Thanks again @Mary Beth for posting.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tim

I find Meludia’s phone app lacking.  Their computer version is much better.  Just my opinion.

Hiya,

I rehabbed with meludia for months. Since i am a little musically inclined, it really showed me certain things i was not hearing well. The practice honed my hearing quite a bit but some tones i could not hear, no matter how many times i played them and gave up preferring angel sounds. Same thing in angel sounds after about a year. Some tones, sounded the same an octave apart!

Im thinking about going again, after my 24 month grueling testing days. A year ago the app is more towards teaching music, but since its all familiar, its great for training. It gets harder and harder but i loved doing it. "Learning" tones helps with the voices that dont "sound" right.

Its free to start, so its worth a try!!