Canada and Med-El research partnership

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Thanks for posting this. Glad to see Western working on these programmes. CIs are great devices but not perfect so more work needs to be done..

Cheers

@Mary Beth thanks for the link. This is great news for the people in Ontario. It might eventually reach the rest of Canada but right now this is a Western University (which confusingly is in eastern Canada) and Med-El initiative. 

Thanks for sharing the link @Mary Beth - I had mentioned the research by Dr. Agrawal to my audiologist at length so I was aware of this.

@Anthony Canada re: name of the university - totally understandable confusion. I was curious so I googled it:

In 2012, the university rebranded itself as "Western University" to give the school less of a regional or even national identity. "We want to be international," president Dr. Amit Chakma told The Globe and Mail.

@NathalieMdo you know if they approved the use of Otoplan? The last I heard Med-El was hoping for Canadian approval towards the end of this year.

@Anthony Canada to be honest, my audi wasn't familiar with platform/software so my guess is it's still in the works? I'll send another nudge to inquire to the surgeon's secretary (I don't have access directly to Dr. Parnes).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gerda said:

Heard it on our local news ! Such an amazing story. Hope this can help many  ! Dr Agrawal and my Audi are excited about this  but it is still in trials. 

• Like 2