Fine Tuner Echo Question: on/off

Joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Others have mentioned a very short battery life with the FineTuner Echo as well.  I guess having a spare battery backup is helpful.

I’ve had fine tuner for a few months and have experienced short battery life .In fact I don’t even use it.

@Mary Beth I have a few questions if you can assist me with.

1. is the only time you would use the Rondo3 telecoil is with the Artone Max. Does it have Bluetooth capabilities.? Do you use it to pair with the tuner or stream link?

2. On the Sonnet2, do you need to have the audiostream on when you’re using the phone with your Bose QCs? And then M on the echo tuner?

Thanks,

Joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

1.  The only time the Rondo 3 telecoil adapter needs to be attached is when you wish to use telecoil.  Telecoil is not BT.  Examples of using telecoil include…

- a theater that is looped

- a taxi or public counter that displays it is looped

- when using a neckloop (like the Artone)

If we are not specifically needing to use telecoil, there is no need to ever attach the telecoil adapter to Rondo 3.  Most users seem to never attach it.  The telecoil adapter is not needed to use the remote nor the app remote.

2.  Sonnet 2 using BOSE QC around the ear headphones does not require any changes made at all to the Sonnet 2.  It does not use the AudioStream cover functions.  It just works like any headphone.  Put it on and listen.  Stay in M.  Make no changes.

Thanks. What’s the “relationship connection” between having the tuner in “M” on, and the headphone.? It works with and without, but better with “M”on.

thanks,

joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

M lets the Sonnet use its microphones to pick up the audio in the headphone cup

T lets the Sonnet use its telecoil to pick up audio (magnetic induction)

MT uses both 

T is subject to a narrower frequency range and often encounters interference.

@Mary Beth 

You are a wonderful person for sharing your experiences with me and this forum. 

The manuals seem to give a decent overview but are deficient - at least for me - in the finite details needed to get maximum productivity.

On the sonnet 2, to confirm its usage—the airstream cover is used for Bluetooth and also for t-coil connectivity all in conjunction with Echo tuner?

thanks,

joel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

you are welcome.

No.  Sonnet/Sonnet2 has telecoil built into the processors so nothing is needed extra.  Just use the remote to switch from M to MT or T to use telecoil.

Sonnet/Sonnet2 AudioStream battery cover is needed to directly stream from phones and tablets.  After the AudioStream is paired with a phone/tablet- it will automatically connect from then on.  No setting changes are needed.

• 2 weeks later...