Sonnet 2 cuts off

Ernesto

This is my third day post-activation, and my Sonnet 2 has cut off.  At first, I moved the magnet around on my head to connect, and it did as long as I stood still. Red light blinks, but no sound.  Then I watched the youtube channel and changed the wire.  The red light only appears when I move the new wire between the processor and the magnet.   Then, I noticed that the sound returned momentarily when I touched the wire.  I have no issues with my Rondo 3. Once I place it, it works well.  Any ideas?

When I touch the wire, the sound comes back and then cuts off when I let it go.

Is the wire fully plugged into the processor? I had it come loose on me once when changing batteries and didn’t notice and had no sound until I got it fully plugged in. 

Yes fully plugged in and I even replaced it with a new one that came with processor 

• HearPeers Heroes

Since everything is fine with Rondo 3, this is definitely something amiss with your Sonnet 2.

It could be several things.

Since you are only 3 days post activation, maybe reach out to your audiologist who can check it over for you.

• HearPeers Heroes

I see you are in the US @Ernesto

Med-El US has 24 hour support every day of the year. Contact them and they will help you.

41 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

I see you are in the US @Ernesto

Med-El US has 24 hour support every day of the year. Contact them and they will help you.

Thank you @Mary Beth. I called and left a message.  Waiting for their call.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ernesto

You may be interested in joining our HearPeers GoogleMeet chat in February.  You can meet some of us and ask questions.  The chats have free automatic captions.  Here is a link where you can read about the February chat and reply there if you wish to receive an invite.  We are a friendly group.  Smile

Ernesto

if the red light blinks , your coil is not connected to your internal coil.

I had similar problem: changed wire and still intermittent connection. My audiologist tried a new external coil. Solved.

I got a warrantee replacement