Discontinuing of disposable battery program

Lauren

Well it was good while it lasted… got a surprise in my email. 

obsolescence-of-selling-disposable-batte

• HearPeers Heroes

This is very disappointing.  Med-El US posted on their Official Med-El US FB account that they would continue to offer disposable batteries to their users when Cochlear America stopped offering them.

It is NOT TRUE that the batteries will not be more expensive to some users.  My insurance covers the batteries through Med-El.  Purchasing the batteries on this dedicated battery site will cost over $480 annually for me.

Since Med-El states that AudioStream works best with disposable batteries, this is very disappointing.

And the price at the “special” Med-El link is exactly the same as anyone can purchase from that company.  $189.95 for 300 PowerOne Implant batteries so I fail to see any special arrangement.

https://www.microbattery.com/v-p675iplus-d-6-300-power-one-implant-plus-zinc-air-675-1-45v-dial-pack-6-300-1.html

@MED-EL Moderator

I prefer more honest communication from Med-El.

IMG_5444.png

IMG_5445.png

@Lauren this is such a disappointment. Although I no longer need disposable batteries, when I did, the convenience of getting them through Med-El was invaluable. To me, the suddenness of this announcement, with an effective date just two weeks away, definitely lacks a show of courtesy to the Med-El users in the battery program. I think the discontinuation of this program is a step backward for Med-El’s customer service.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

thanks for tagging us.
We know that policy changes can be challenging and do have a real impact on people’s lives.  Before making this announcement, MED-EL US carefully considered all options related to the sale and distribution of disposable batteries.  We constantly monitor and evaluate our current policies and services and, when deemed appropriate, make updates that will allow us to adjust resources and services to provide the best overall support for our recipients.  As always, thank you for reaching out to share your feedback.

Kind regards,
Gordana

• 3 months later...

@MED-EL Moderator Gordana

Will health plans supporting supplies reimbursement if purchased from a certified Medicare supplier, such as Med-El, provide reimbursement if I buy batteries from your shop and submit the invoice to them?

Hi @David, thanks for your question. Our local MED-EL team in the US is best placed to answer your question as as they have the latest updates on this topic. We'd kindly ask you to reach out to them directly at customerservice.us@medel.com or send your request via https://www.medel.com/en-us/contact-med-el Thanks for understanding. 

Kind regards, Barbara