Disconnect AudioLink from AudioKey 2 App

NathalieM

After finding out that I can connect to the AudioKey app with the AudioStream without using the AudioLink, I proceeded to disconnect & remove the AudioLink connection from my Bluetooth setting. I then went into the AudioKey app and was unable to connect my CI's even though they're connected in the Accessibility settings for Hearing Devices. I then disconnected both from the Accessibility settings and proceeded try to connect in the app again - still can't get them to connect in the app (I have closed my app, settings, etc & started again through these steps).

Help?

screenshot.thumb.jpg.9ab9af5aec756d2c65c9d4878538ff4a.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Okay.  I believe the confusion comes from the fact that Sonnet 2 has a built in BT receiver which is used to connect directly to the phone for the app functions.  And the AudioStream cover is a separate BT receiver that is used for streaming audio from the phone.

Let me look for directions

• HearPeers Heroes

Pairing sonnet 2 to audiokey

• HearPeers Heroes

Pairing audiostream

• HearPeers Heroes

Let us know if you still have difficulties.  If you do, @Lauren and @Ralph34 may be able to help 

@NathalieM

Try going through the Pair Audio Processor step and this time choose Direct connection. I had to do that twice to get the ability to connect directly and/or switch to AudioLink connection. 

Access profile then click the three buttons in the top right corner and choose Pair Audio Processor to get to the options. 

Profile:

IMG_9309.thumb.jpeg.5508d30ee34312785eacb07e6e0e31af.jpeg

Pair Audio Processor:
IMG_9311.thumb.jpeg.d1915a57f0c54e8a622cd617011c50f7.jpeg

Pick Direct connection:

IMG_9310.thumb.jpeg.2651774d43d7aca82345d0a66821cde4.jpeg

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Lauren for posting the pictures that show how to get to direct connection.

• Like 2

@Mary Beth no problem. Once Direct is set up users would be able to switch back and forth between connection types if users leave AudioLink connected and are set up for Direct connection. I deleted my AudioLink connection after going bilateral as everyday use of AudioLink wasn’t a good fit for me. 

Thanks for all the tips! I'll report back when I get a chance to go thru it!

Don’t be fooled if you look at the classic (normal Bluetooth) settings and it says “Sonnetxxx.  Not connected”. That is what you want it to say. It only connects when the AudioKey app is open. As soon as you switch from AudioKey to look at Bluetooth it disconnects.
Sort of like the light in your refrigerator. You cannot see it go off because the door is closed.

• Like 2

Ok, just had a chance to set up as per @Lauren's instructions (accessing the Direct connection) and it worked!! Thank you so much!