Topic about AudioLink

Vladislav

Hello, I'm Vladislav. I have had an implant since childhood. I want to ask you, is it true that life is better with AudioLink? Really, this will make your speech better?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vladislav

which processor are you using?

AudioLink is an option to stream audio to Sonnet/Sonnet2/Rondo3.

I do not see how it would improve one’s speech.  

7 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Vladislav

which processor are you using?

AudioLink is an option to stream audio to Sonnet/Sonnet2/Rondo3.

I do not see how it would improve one’s speech.  

@Mary Beth
I'm using sonnet 2.
I meant to understand better what other people are saying. In Russian it is called "converted" speech

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vladislav

For me, the sound quality is better through the Sonnet mics compared to the AudioLink. 

• Members

The only time I use my Audiolink is when I want to Bluetooth stream from a device like my laptop or AV receiver (TV) that has an audio output jack and I don't have configured for or doesn't support Bluetooth to Audiostream.  I like the simplicity of just plugging in the cable to the Audiolink to get it streaming to my Rondo 3 but that is about the only positive for me.  Negatives include connection quality, audio quality, connection reliability, and too much hardware. 

Went over a month without using my Audiolink. 

I use Audiolink hardwired into my computer and it works fairly well. I get good range around the house and moving my head generally doesn't cause an issue. This might be from me only having one CI. I randomly get static or occasional popping through Audiolink. When bluetooth comes out for the Rondo3 I will likely stop using my Audiolink. For your original question. I think the only time Audiolink helps make speech clear is when its used as a remote microphone. I haven't spent enough time trying that feature to say if it is helpful.