9 years and still experiencing new WOW moments!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I love my CIs!  Thank you @MED-EL Moderator

It’s amazing how quickly after acclimatizing to my cochlear implants I just became used to always hearing easily.  I put on my processors each morning and just go about my day never thinking of hearing at all.  That in itself is nothing short of amazing!  Smile. But once in awhile something happens that makes me pause and think WOW.  I had one of those WOW moments today.  I was wearing Rondos in waterwear and then in eargear covers tethered and clipped to my swimshirt while I was standing knee deep in the ocean watching pelicans dive for fish when I clearly heard Jill say “Mary Beth, dolphins at 11:00”.  I looked in that direction and searched for the dolphins.  Then it hit me.  I was standing in the ocean surrounded by waves and Jill was sitting on the beach at least 20 feet behind me.  And I heard her clearly.  Wow!  Just wow!

I was walking into work and getting annoyed at all the birds this morning. 😆

Nature is loud! Had to laugh at getting annoyed at hearing the birds I previously couldn’t hear (25+ years) and getting annoyed. 

• HearPeers Heroes

So many birds!  But I love hearing them.