Did you get a CI on a deprived ear? (non-stimulated for a long time)

Aitana

Hi everyone!!
My name is Aitana 🥰 I'm deaf, 2 hearing aids' user and about to become an audiologist!!
I'm looking for people that can help me out for my small thesis, that is about getting a CI on an ear that was deprived or non-stimulated for a long time.

More specifically, I'm looking for people that got a CI on an ear that was:

- Deprived for at least 5 years prior to implantation. (No hearing aid during those 5+ years)

- Got the CI at minimum 12 years old or more.

I made a survey to gather testimonies but I don't know if it's allowed to share surveys here and I don't want to break any forum rules or be disrespectful 😅 So if anyone reading this wants to help me out, would you mind reply to this post and let me know? 🤗 Thank you so so much!!

• HearPeers Heroes

People have shared survey links here on the past.

I was implanted April 9th.  No HA since 2015.

Great! Thank you for letting me know @Mary Beth!

I'll leave the link of the survey here then! 

SURVEYhttps://forms.office.com/r/rr8Zq2nZfF

@Amy LeachThank you for answering!!! Would you mind answering the survey?? It would help me a lot for my project. 🤗❤️ Thank you so so much for sharing your testimony! 

• Like 2

Aiyana,

i completed the survey but i couldn’t save it on my end.  If it did not work, please let me know and I will try again.

@Amy Leach I got it!!! Thank you so much 💗 And I wish you all the best with your new cochlear implant! 💪

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@Aitana Just a suggestion for a survey like this is to provide a link to your advisor, a statement on letterhead, or some other officialness of it.  Perhaps also offer to share a copy of the resulting paper or thesis with respondents afterwards.  This can help with response rates and soothe concerns over the data being misused.  (It is unfortunate that we all need to be more vigilant about privacy and security these days.)

@Tim Hi Tim! Thank you for your feedback!
it's a great advice and I totally agree with you, adding some officialness to it would make the survey more trustworthy!
Unfortunately, I have no way of doing that 😭 I'm just an ordinary audiology student doing a mandatory final thesis/project that has no official validity whatsoever. (Thesis/project... I still don't know how to properly name it in English, sorry if its confusing) It really is a small project, that will be only submitted to my school, in order to pass the subject and finally graduate!

I'm very new to this. I'll definitely consider this advice for the future. For now, the most I could do was make this survey 100% anonymous, add an extra field in the end of the survey so those that want me to contact them personally can do it, and I also recently started sharing my email (aitanammtz@gmail.com) and Instagram handle (@deafiningwhoiam) together with the survey link, in case anyone wants to contact me. I'll most probably post on Instagram an update on my project experience when it's submitted! 💗 That's all I can do for now.

I wish I could say my project is that big and professional, though! 😂 But who knows, maybe this project opens me doors in this field to do something bigger in the future!

20 hours ago, CharityK said:

Survey submitted

Thank you so much @CharityK!!! 💗🤗

• 2 weeks later...

Survey submitted